This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon MP3 album downloads - Pymazon

I hadn't bought an mp3 album from Amazon for some time due to its ubuntu downloader being stuck in a time-warp (9.10). An Amazon album store is promised in Amarok 2.6 but that's not here yet. Spotify is great for "try before you buy" and for buying individual tracks but not cost-effective for an album. Example a 24 track album I recently bought is £4.79 on Amazon whereas it would have cost £18.96 from Spotify.

After scratching around for a solution, I found one - pymazon - details and installation instructions are at:

http://code.google.com/p/pymazon/

Having used it to buy an album from Amazon, I am pleased to confirm it works.

I find that the clamz utility works well for this purpose as well. (But it lacks a GUI) As a bonus, it's already in the official repositories.

Comment

Figures. Just yesterday, I bought an album via Amazon, and had to boot over to my windows side just to download the silly thing. I really hate these "download manager" programs they make you use to grab it. UGH.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottyK View Post
        Figures. Just yesterday, I bought an album via Amazon, and had to boot over to my windows side just to download the silly thing. I really hate these "download manager" programs they make you use to grab it. UGH.
        Depending on the particular licensing agreements with the copyright owners, and the technologies used to enforce them, the downloader could be the mechanism that applies the DRM.

Comment

Working...
        X