X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean how dead simple can it be...stream ripper/tuner/folder view

Ok here is the situation.

I have, on my second desktop, my "media stuff".

There is a "folderview" for "home" and a Quick Launcher for FF, Amarok and Streamtuner(2).

I want to listen to a perfectly legal stream from Europe and open stream tuner, find the stream, click it.

VLC pops, there may be other players that pop, and I listen. When I have determined that it is, indeed, the desired stream, I click the record button.

A console pops which gives visual reference, in order, which streams are being ripped and that confirms that the system is functioning.

A minute, or two, later a folder AUTOMAGICALLY appears in the folder view with a folder therein that is properly entitled for the station, and therein are....automagically, the various songs in the stream....

Lets see....so what did I do...

a) I clicked stream tuner.
    b) I clicked a station type.
    c) I clicked a couple of stations to pick the desired one.
    d) I listened.
    e) I clicked record.

I worked on other stuff, and went to beddy bye.

f) The next day, I stopped the stream, and copied it to a usb stick so I could listen while driving.

four clicks, and a drag.

What a hassle, what a...... drag!

I mean, how much more dead simple can this stuff be?

Anyone have a similar experience with another app?

woodsmoke
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Apr 01, 2012, 10:05 PM.
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

I've been using Streamtuner to record classical music for several years. It is AS SIMPLE as you describe. You also get the station logo stream saved several times as well.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

yes, I did not think to mention that, and in the case of a stream that is popular enough, one will SOMEtimes get an advert, but they are VERY few and far between, and almost always U.S. stations because the RIAA will have it's pound of flesh.

woodsmoke
      sigpic
      Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

I just had to post again, about how dead simple the combo of the two are.

With Precise they default to using Audacious for playback, but, for folks who are "new to Linux" (I detest the term "noobs") ..... I think that the two would be a jaw dropping revelation to them...

dunno, just a thought...

woodsmoke
        sigpic
        Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
        X