This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FF 5.0 has an interesting feature start "these" pages

Probably everybody already knows this but I thought I's comment on it. If a mod wishes to remove the post, please do so.

When one goes to preferences in FF 5.0, "homepage" is either "this page" if one is at a single page, such as Google search, or "these pages" so that if one has say, Kubu and Google in open tabs, both of them appear, or if four tabs then four of them appear.

One has to "clear" them by closing the tabs and then redoing the home pages to one home page.

Interesting.

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Re: FF 5.0 has an interesting feature start "these" pages

That might be useful. I have not tried it yet, but if you have three or four pages that you visit on a regular basis then are you saying that if I had those pages all open in different tabs I could select that as "Home" and when I click on the "Home" icon it would open all of those pages in tabs? I will go to Firefox and try this and see if it works. I have the FF daily build.
    Never too old to learn
    Ault, CO, USA

Comment

Yes. If you go to Edit -> Options -> General you can choose Use current pages.
      I've a Dutch system, so maybe the exact wording differs a bit. It has been like that for quite some time. Google Chrome has the same feature.

Comment

Yes Detonate that is correct.

Goer

That is interesting, if you would care to expand on particular capabilities I think that would be of great interest to people.

woodsmoke
        sigpic
        Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

To expand a bit, you can also assign any Tab as an "app tab".

Right click on a tab and choose "pin as app tab".

These "app tabs" will be available at every start and take up less space.
          HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
          4 GB Ram
          Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
          X