X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONFIGURATION] Logitech Gaming Software

Hi!

I switched from Windows to Linux but apearantly Logitech does not yet acknowledge that Linux exists. So I am trying to find other ways to get my old G13 keypad and my G500 mouse to function at full capacity.
    Logitech does not seem to be supported by keyboarding master though, so are there any other alternatives?

Piper should be quite useful for mnice, maybe solaar as well.

this may be useful for the keypad, maybe. Possibly. I dunno.
    https://github.com/sezanzeb/key-mapper

The g13 seems a bit, ahem, fun. maybe some recent results from here may be useful for research, but it probably will take some work.

Comment

Originally posted by Calenelda View Post
      Hi!

I switched from Windows to Linux but apearantly Logitech does not yet acknowledge that Linux exists. So I am trying to find other ways to get my old G13 keypad and my G500 mouse to function at full capacity.
      Logitech does not seem to be supported by keyboarding master though, so are there any other alternatives?
      I've used Logitech devices FOREVER, and have never had an issue with them, starting with wired, and then wireless, Trackman trackballs. I'm shocked that you're having problems! The Logitech devices I've used have always worked out of the box on Linux.
      Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

This is an unscientific thing to say, but I agree fully with DoYouKubuntu. I pickup Logitech just so I know I won't have issues. Plug and go (for USB). Never tried another brand. Since 2007.
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

In the past 7 years I've been using a lot of Logitech devices and I never had any major issues with it. The only issue I had is one mouse didn't work properly with Bluetooth connection on my laptop in my Munich house https://tranio.com/germany/bavaria/munich/detached/. But I bought it through an internet shop and I guess it wasn't an original one.

Comment

Some devices from Logitech save various settings on the device itself, like the older g500 mouse, requiring either Windows to set up and save these settings, or some Linux specific software that can read/write to the device.

And items like the old G13 keypad is a very specialized piece of hardware (did anyone actually look at this beastie?), with now-waning interest in developing and maintaining Linux drivers from the community.

Not everything is 100% plug-n-run like it usually is today.

Comment

Well, I did have to edit a config file to get the ball on my Logitech Marble Trackball to act as a scrollwheel with right-click. I retired that recently because it took up too much space on my small bureau and I'm now using a Logitech Bluetooth Pebble Mouse.

I can't remember if it was 10-evdev.conf

Code:
              Section "InputClass"
              Identifier "Marble Mouse"
              MatchProduct "Logitech USB Trackball"
              Option "EmulateWheel" "true"
              Option "EmulateWheelButton" "9"
              Option "XAxisMapping" "6 7"
              Option "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
              EndSection
              Or 10-libinput.conf

Code: