Dirt Showdown Driving Force GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dirt Showdown Driving Force GT

Hello. When I run the Windows version of Dirt Showdown my steering wheel works great, but I can't get it to work in the Linux port.
    I contacted Virtual Programing and they said they can't help.

Please Advise.

We would need more info, such as the make and model of the wheel, how it is connected, is it seen as in input device or game controller in System Settings? If playing via Steam, what about controller settings there?
    I can't find any recent info about the game, and it seems to have been taken off Steam by its creators Codemasters.

Comment

Thank you for the reply. I was hoping it would be something simple that I missed. It is a Logitech Driving Force GT. I am actually back on Windows 10 at the moment. I doubt I stay on Windows. I actually got the game free but really enjoy it. I'm not sure what you mean about how it is connected. It's just usb 2.0 The wheel works just fine when testing it with various apps under Kubuntu. I just can't get the game to bind controls to it. I've tried switching all kinds of settings within Steam.

I have 2 disk drives. One is hdd, the other is ssd. I'm thinking of dual booting and putting Windows on the hdd and Kubuntu on the ssd. and just dual-booting mainly just for this game.

Comment

I'd check out any setting for the controller in System Settings and see what options may be available there. if the wheel is working everywhere else just fine, then unless someone who both has the game and this wheel and can give useful info, you may be out of luck for this particular game

it may be worth checking out pyLinuxWheel, which seems to be able to allow your wheel to emulate other models, which might just be useful for thw game.

Comment

Ok. Thanks. I've tried pyLinuxWheel before, but didn't know that it emulates other models. Maybe I'll give it another try.

Comment

Working...
          X