This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retro gaming at its best

I have four Nintendo consoles that I love to play on but after having watched this video I'm now wanting a NVIDIA Shield.

WOW!
    systemd is not for me. I am a retro Nintendo gamer. consoles I play on are, SNES; N64; GameCube and WII.
    Host: mx Kernel: 4.19.0-6-amd64 x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 8.3.0 Desktop: Trinity R14.0.8 tk: Qt 3.5.0 info: kicker wm: Twin 3.0 base: Debian GNU/Linux 10

Does it play anything except old 2D games?
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
      Does it play anything except old 2D games?
      I've no idea, I don't have one.

By the way, your signature regarding gun control is wrong. Demanding gun control is not about making gun ownership illegal but about only allowing people who need a firearm to apply for one rather than all and sundry being able to walk in to any store to buy one. Proper gun control is about satisfying the authorities that you won't use it for illegal activity and that you are of sound mind. I would like to ask if you think that it is OK for someone to own an arsenal of military style weapons in their own home? If you need a firearm for protection (if you live in a dodgy area) what's wrong with just having one hand gun, why do some people think they need semi or fully automatic weapons?

As for your examples about taking cars away from sober drivers and making Meth and heroin illegal well I'm sure even in the USA the drugs are already illegal and as for drunk drivers that is already illegal and if found to be drunk in charge of a motor vehicle your likely to be prosecuted by the courts.

Here in the UK we have one of the most strictest gun control laws probably in the world but it does not stop people who need or want a firearm to own one. But in order to have one in the UK you must prove that you have no mental health issues and that it is stored securely when not in use.

OK preaching over, back to gaming.
      systemd is not for me. I am a retro Nintendo gamer. consoles I play on are, SNES; N64; GameCube and WII.
      Host: mx Kernel: 4.19.0-6-amd64 x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 8.3.0 Desktop: Trinity R14.0.8 tk: Qt 3.5.0 info: kicker wm: Twin 3.0 base: Debian GNU/Linux 10

Comment

Originally posted by NickStone View Post
        By the way, your signature regarding gun control is wrong. Demanding gun control is not about making gun ownership illegal but about only allowing people who need a firearm to apply for one rather than all and sundry being able to walk in to any store to buy one.
        It is a myth that people can just "walk in" and willy-nilly buy a gun. When I was a kid it used to be that way, but not now. Even by mail or through the Internet the purchased weapon has to be delivered to an FFL dealer who does the NICS check.

Back then, everyone was armed and everyone was civil because of it. Men carried pocket pistols and women had them in their purse. Rifles were in racks in the back windows of pickup trucks. They weren't often stolen because they were so cheap and every hardware store, Penny's, Montgomery Wards, Sears, and local gas stations sold them and the ammo. Everyone knew how to use them. There were shooting clubs in my highschool in the 1950s. In 1968 a kid with a brain tumor started shooting people from the Univ Texas Watch Tower. That justified the Democrats, who had a majority in Congress at the time, to pass gun restriction legislation, and they've repeated that several times since then, but it has only made things worse.

There is gun control in the US. Too much of it. And there are a lot of extremists who want to make an example of you. While the gun laws SHOULD be uniform across all 50 states, preferable a Constitutional Carry, the exact laws vary from state to state but it is worth noting that where gun control laws are most restrictive, illegal use of firearms is higher. Those with the lowest gun crimes have laws which are closer to or identical to pure 2nd Amendment rights which, by the way, states that it cannot be "infringed". All elected politicians took an oath to "protect and defend the Constitution from all enemies, both foreign and domestic, and I (they) take this OBLIGATION willingly, without mental reservation or purpose of evasion". So, in regard to gun legislation (and several other topics) most of them have lied about their oath of office using "common sense" as the excuse.

The 1934 Firearm Act outlawed Americans owning or possessing machine guns. That was the result of Capone & friends use of the Thompson 45 caliber submachine gun. Since the 1968 Act one can only buy from a firearm dealer who holds a Federal Firearm License (FFL).

Hand guns are more easily concealed so here in Lincoln, NE one must get a Lincoln Handgun Purchase Permit (which is illegal and unconstitutional but many think is "reasonable"). The stated reason is so that local police are notified of who is intending to buy a handgun. That can take a month and costs $5. meh. When you go to an FFL and buy a gun (handgun or rifle) you must provide your SSN and at least two forms of identification (which is one more than is required to vote here, sometimes two more), and fill out several forms requiring a lot of irrelevant information and oath swearing. The dealer uses that information to call the ATF, which searches their NICS database. If you are in it the gun purchase is rejected. If not, it is approved. This happens even at gun shows, despite the MNM's claim that gun shows are "loop holes". Several reporters have tried at gun shows and were rejected. An FFL doesn't have to sell you a firearm even if you are approved by the ATF, if you don't pass his or her "smell test".

After you've passed the NICS test and have obtained your handgun, in order to be able to carry it concealed you have to
        1) take training in shooting and safely handling the weapon, and be certified.
        2) take a 20-40 hour class in state and federal laws Cost: $150-$250
        3) take and pass a shooting test at the end of that class
        4) pass the written exam at the end of that class
        5) notarize your certificate of successful completion
        6) obtain a legal birth certificate (it's not the one with your foot prints on it)
        7) make 2 5X7 color photos
        8) take $50 along with #5, 6 & 7 plus proof of idenification to the Highway Patrol Office where you will be
        9) finger printed.
        10) your application accepted if it is spot on perfect, otherwise you lose $50 and have to start over.
        11) Wait 35-40 days for your CCP to arrive in the mail.

Even then, here in Nebraska, there are many, many places where you cannot carry concealed even with a CCP. Places behind "No Guns" signs, federal bldgs, court houses, police bldgs, within 1,500 feet of public or private schools, high school athletic events not on school property, bars where more than 50% of income is derived from the sale of booze (how would we ever know that?), polling places, political rallies, churches, doctors offices, hospitals and banks or financial institutions. (The church leadership can authorize you, in writing, to carry concealed for protection of members)

So, I only visit or shop at places where they don't post "No Guns" signs, except when visiting post offices or my bank, when I put my weapon in a gun safe in my car trunk. Those places are rarely attacked because even mentally ill people are not crazy. They know that they are not at risk of being shot by their victims at places where concealed carry are forbidden. That's why the Aurora shooter passed up two other theaters and chose the one with the no guns sign as his target.

Proper gun control is about satisfying the authorities that you won't use it for illegal activity and that you are of sound mind. I would like to ask if you think that it is OK for someone to own an arsenal of military style weapons in their own home? If you need a firearm for protection (if you live in a dodgy area) what's wrong with just having one hand gun, why do some people think they need semi or fully automatic weapons?
        That is what YOU think it is about. What "Authorities" think about it is heavily influenced by their agenda, which has often been exposed by open mic or hidden videos as anti-2A. They can be and have been wrong, and unelected bureaucrats dictating what a citizen can or cannot do by making "laws" with regulations is not highly valued in America.

"what's wrong with just having one hand gun, why do some people think they need semi or fully automatic weapons?"
        Why do they think that? Experience, and, the 2A doesn't have limits.

But, from a practical viewpoint, why do police officers carry a backup gun if only one is needed? And if they do, doesn't the ordinary citizen deserve as much safety? A backup is useful because guns can malfunction. And if you are not a policeman, when seconds count the police are only 8 minutes away. And why more than 8 rounds in a magazine? Because thugs who acquire guns illegally get the dual stack weapons that carry 15 or 18 or even 30 or 50 rounds in their magazine. When your 6 shot revolver or 8 shot semi-auto handgun is out of ammo they have 7, 10 or more rounds left, and they will take advantage of the time you take to reload, IF you happen to have a second magazine handy. If not, you're dead, even if you didn't have a firearm.

Fully automatic weapons are not practical as concealed carry weapons or even as home defense weapons because one cannot carry enough concealed ammo to feed their appetite. Part of the President's caravan are missile and ammo vans. The Secret Service agents can spray and pray because they've got an ammo wagon behind them. Being illegal hasn't stopped the thugs from acquiring machine pistols for gangland wars. Usually 30 round auto handguns. Even professional military and police usually keep their AR-15's on 3 shot burst settings to avoid spraying the country side with bullets and to conserve ammo.

Ok to own an arsenal of weapons in their home? Yes, it is OK. And, it is a Constitutionally guaranteed right, as several Supreme Court rulings have shown. Although a lot of firearm usage is related to hunting and shooting sports, the 2nd Amendment isn't about duck hunting. It is about defending our Constitution from a tyrannical government. The "Shot heard around the world" was fired at Concord when British & Prussian troops attempted to confiscate the powder stores and hand cannons held by the citizens of Boston. And, you can't help but noticing that those screaming loudest for the most restrictive gun control measures, especially politicians, Hollywood and MNM stars, have armed body guards and live in gated communities. I dare say that IF the Left manages to violate the 2nd Amendment by infringing it to the point of repeal, it would set off a shooting war this country has not seen since 1860. If the 2nd goes how do you enforce the 1st? Begging?

When you toss about the term "military weapon" do you mean a fully automatic AR-15 or just the civilian version of it? One pull of the trigger, one shot. That's a semi-auto handgun or rifle. The AFT under Obama ruled that the "Bump Stock" didn't violate the 1934 Act. I suspect that they were hoping for a Las Vegas type of event by approving it, and they got their wish. The bump stock works because the trigger finger is pushed by the trigger, not the finger pulling the trigger, but the device, IMO, still violates the 1934 Act.

That a civilian AR-15 may look like the military version is simply a matter of manufacturing economics. The civilian version of the AR-15 works exactly like the Remington Model 750 hunting rifle, but the 750 looks more traditional. It is not as "scary looking" as the AR-15, because it doesn't have a front handle or a collapsible butt stock. The 750 shoots a more powerful round, and just as rapidly as one can shoot the AR-15, and it shoots farther, carrying more punch Its magazine could probably be easily modified to shoot 40 rounds instead of 4. Given enough time, the Left will find ways to include all high powered rifles and pistols in the exclusions. A side fact: the most dangerous round in America is the .22LR. It is responsible for more fatalities with fewer shots than any other round. Why? Little recoil so it is easier to aim and shoot.

As for your examples about taking cars away from sober drivers and making Meth and heroin illegal well I'm sure even in the USA the drugs are already illegal and as for drunk drivers that is already illegal and if found to be drunk in charge of a motor vehicle your likely to be prosecuted by the courts.

Here in the UK we have one of the most strictest gun control laws probably in the world but it does not stop people who need or want a firearm to own one. But in order to have one in the UK you must prove that you have no mental health issues and that it is stored securely when not in use.

OK preaching over, back to gaming.
        I noticed that you got the point of my two sigs. The first being that punishing people who don't drive drunk because a few do is nonsense, and, meth and heroin is already illegal but that hasn't stopped trafficking in those drugs. Neither will outlawing guns stop the flow of guns. It will only disarm honest, law abiding citizens while those who wrote and passed the laws continue to be protected by agents with guns when not within their gated communities.

I live in South Lincoln. We've had thugs drive in from North Omaha, 70 miles away, to rob gas stations, fast food places and other stores before fleeing back to Omaha. So, there are no such places as "dodgy". With modern transporation every where is "dodgy". The odds of a policeman being near you when a "dodgy" person decides to rob or rape you are long indeed. As I said, when second count the average response time for the police is only 8 minutes. It's long over by that time. They'll collect the facts they can obviously see, mark an outline of your body, and enter your sad end into their database, hopefully to be solved sometime in the future, but that won't be of any help to you. Besides, most people do not realize that according the the Supreme Court of the United States, the police have NO obligation to protect you even if they know you are at risk from a lethal threat.
        Last edited by GreyGeek; Mar 26, 2018, 12:56 PM.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Lol two things:

A) don't know if it perzakly counts as "retro" but..about all that I play is gweled

B) and:

woodlolsmoke
          sigpic
          Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
            I would be honored, one day good American, to break bread with you and your better half one day.
            ​"Keep it between the ditches"
            K*Digest Blog
            K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by dequire View Post
              I would be honored, one day good American, to break bread with you and your better half one day.
              The honor would be mine.

Comment

Working...
              X