This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest Minecraft Experimental

I tested the latest Minecraft experimental release this evening. WITHOUT Forge or OptiFine I am getting 700+ fps and it is as smooth as silk! It hit 782 fps at once. My NVidia GT 650M used to give me 250-450+ fps on vanilla Minecraft, and 60-120 fps fps on Intel's HD3000. Microsoft has done something to the Minecraft jar file to tweak its fps without forge, or, it is including something similar to forge within the jar file

Oh, I almost forgot. With Forge and OptiFine I'd get GPU clock temps at around 85C. With the 700+fps on the vanilla experimental the GPU runs at around 76C.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Not to mention...now with moar Tropical Fish!!

​"Keep it between the ditches"
    K*Digest Blog
    K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

I see the new weapon in that video, the Trident! Great addition. It can have the hitting power of fully powered <s>death star</s> bow but automatically returns to you so you can throw it again, or you can use it as a melee weapon.

EDIT: After viewing that video it is obvious why Microsoft engineered a major improvement in fps for Minecraft. The active particle count has increased significantly! Especially in the water bioms.
      Last edited by GreyGeek; Mar 10, 2018, 11:28 AM.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Latest Minecraft Experimental

Minecraft 1.13-pre2 ran beautifully. 1.13-pre3 freezes or crashes on startup, but 1.12.2 continues to play well. I suspected the problem was with pre3 so I waited till pre4 came out. Pre4 still crashed.

I use the following arguments. Those settings kept the used memory around 200M while allowing a max memory of 1G, otherwise the used memory continues to grow beyond 50% of Xmx and Minecraft slows down considerably.
        -Xmx1G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn128M

I experimented around and found that if I removed all the arguments except -Xmx1G and -Xmn128M then pre4 ran beautifully. The used memory, instead of oscillating between 20% and 40% now oscillates between 40% and 70.%, but I am still getting around 300-500 fps. So, all is good in the caves. My inner 12 year old is going to enjoy exploring the new caves, biomes and oceans.
        Last edited by GreyGeek; Jun 29, 2018, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X