Trouble with Bluetooth Generic X-box pad on Mupen64plus-Qt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble with Bluetooth Generic X-box pad on Mupen64plus-Qt

As indicated in the title, I am having trouble using my knockoff X-box controller with Mupen64plus. It works fine with snes9x, but no matter what I try, I cannot get it to work in Mupen64plus. i've tried various front ends including Mupen64plus-Qt and RMG. I've tried project64 via Wine and simple64 as well. No N64 emulator seems to register that I have a controller. I can play using the keyboard, but that's not a workable solution for 2 players. I feel like there must be something fundamental I'm missing. But the controller works on Snes9x, and I can see each of the buttons as an input in the Game Controller system setting application.
    I've modified the InputAutoCfg.ini and the mupen64plus.cfg files, but no luck. All I can manage to do is turn off the keyboard as an input. None of the emulators ever recognizes that the bluetooth controller is there.
    I appreciate any help you can provide.
    Thanks

Welcome!

If you don't get an answer here, consider posting your problem e.g. on Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/RetroArch/) or another forum specialized in video game console emulators…
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Working...
    X