Happy New Year, and THANK YOU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[KDE] Happy New Year, and THANK YOU

Thank you, to the Kubuntu devs, KDE, and all the folks that endlessly comb these threads to help people.

I was one of those people that swore I would switch to Linux the day my Fallout games became playable on Linux. For years, I heard the folks on LinuxGameCast talk smack about people who make those promises (all in good fun), but I really meant it.

In 2017, I uninstalled Windows, and have been on Kubuntu ever since. The first game I played on Linux was a Fallout New Vegas total conversion mod called "New California." I couldn't believe I was playing my favorite franchise on Linux, let alone running enormous mods on it!

I haven't owned a single Windows machine in over five years now, and the experience has been absolutely blissful.

I had a couple trips along the way, and thank God Proton came around because I had a hell of a time using only Lutris for the first year (it's way easier now), but I pressed on, and simply told myself, "If others can do it, so can I." I simply needed to force myself to give it time, and allow myself to learn.

I want to acknowledge that, without all of your help, I wouldn't be 5+ years deep into my happily-ever-after. I just wanted to wish you all a Happy New Year, and thank you all from the bottom of my heart.
    Gaming/HTPC: Kubuntu 23.10 | MSI B450 Gaming+ MAX Motherboard | AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT @ 3.8GHz (x12) CPU | RX6700XT 12GB GPU | 32 GB DDR4 RAM
    Laptop: Kubuntu 23.04.1 | 2012 MacBook Pro | i7 @ 2.9GHz (x4) CPU | 16 GB DDR3 RAM​

I would linke to join in the wishes and thanks of bradleypariah although I am not much of a Linux gamer (and neither on macOS or Windows since I started using Sony PlayStations about when I switched to Linux at home (again) 15 years ago).

I have been a fan of the Fallout series since Fallout 1 though and am a proud user of a (modified) Fallout grub menu theme (https://github.com/shvchk/fallout-grub-theme).
    Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Jan 03, 2023, 10:23 AM.
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap scriptreinstall Snap for release-upgrade scriptinstall traditional Firefox script

Comment

Working...
    X