This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OpenMW -- The Elderscrolls Morrowind

The Elderscrolls 3: Morrowind is an open world fantasy role-playing video game by Bethesda Softworks. It originally appeared in 2002 or 2003 as Windows PC or XBox only game. Now an open source port has allowed players to enjoy this software on Linux. For a few years, I have owned Morrowind after finding it, at the mall for $3, in a bargain bin. It can be already run with WINE 2.0 and I have been using WINE up to this point. OpenMW is a real game changer. It has a lot to offer such as breaking free of the 1024 x 768 maximum resolution. But the graphics and higher frame rates are just the start.

The new launcher saves the games by character and not just by file name with more detail to sort saved games. December 27th released version 0.41.0 of the opensource game launcher and port. OpenMW does not recreate game assets, such as art, textures, music, and other Bethesda copyrighted material. It is therefore necessary to own a copy of Morrowind to legally play the game with OpenMW. OpenMW uses OpenSceneGraph, to render the 3D imagery.

I've been following OpenMW for a while now. Last month, I bought the game on Steam and downloaded the Win version to get the assets. I've haven't had time to play it yet, but thanks to OpenMW I'm really looking forward to it!
    ​"Keep it between the ditches"
    K*Digest Blog
    K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Thinking about it myself here.

Comment

I you got love the "open world" aspect. I get off the boat, ignore my general orders, go to Balmora, enter a house, kill the owner, set up residence, and start leveling up. Once I get powerful enough, I plan to take over Ra'virr's Shop and make it a shoe store. What? What's that? I was suppose to save the world? Bwahahaha!

Comment

<-- has always wanted to play Morrowind. I've got probably a thousand hours in Skyrim, about the same for Oblivion but for Morrowind you needed Windows or a PS2, neither one of which I have

When Elder Scrolls 6 comes out I'm gonna have to buy a PS4.
          we see things not as they are, but as we are.
          -- anais nin

Comment

Originally posted by wizard10000 View Post
            <-- has always wanted to play Morrowind. I've got probably a thousand hours in Skyrim, about the same for Oblivion but for Morrowind you needed Windows or a PS2, neither one of which I have

When Elder Scrolls 6 comes out I'm gonna have to buy a PS4.
            Nope - all you need is a copy of the game, which can be bought for $9.99 on Steam. It's actually really easy. See instructions here: https://wiki.openmw.org/index.php?ti...n_Instructions
            ​"Keep it between the ditches"
            K*Digest Blog
            K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

I love these games. Used to play them all the time. Wish I had time to play them these days...

Comment

Working...
              X