This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux gamers spending money 3 companies

A very interesting, and short, read about Linux users spending money on games and three companies providing them.

http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/81391

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

I'm optimistic that Steam on Linux could kick off a big boost in the number of people who turn to Linux, rather than OS X, when they get tired of Windows.
    sigpic
    "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
    -- Douglas Adams

Comment

me too!
      lol
      woodsmoke
      sigpic
      Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by HalationEffect View Post
        I'm optimistic that Steam on Linux could kick off a big boost in the number of people who turn to Linux, rather than OS X, when they get tired of Windows.
        Agreed! / +1
        Nowadays I'm mostly Mac, but...
        tron: KDE neon User | MacPro5,1 | 3.2GHz Xeon | 48GB RAM | 250GB, 1TB, & 500GB Samsung SSDs | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti

Comment

In the last 6 months I've spent over $100 on Linux games. My grandsons and I are having a blast playing Minecraft Tekkit on a server I set up. We use Mumble to talk back and forth. We're only 10 miles apart and the sound through Mumble is as if they were setting next to me.

I'm looking at some of those offerings by Steam.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
          X