X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xonotic

Anyone downloaded and tried it?

Is it better than/worse than/much the same as Nexuiz?

Are the servers busy?

Hey there. I downloaded it and played it. There are always people on the servers. I liked it better than Nexuiz personally, and the graphics are great, but I still keep going back to Urban Terror when I feel the need to "get my frag on"
    ​"Keep it between the ditches"
    K*Digest Blog
    K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Thank you for that, I think I will download it tomorrow.
      I haven't tried Urban Terror, so that might be my second download.
      Have been playing Alien Arena but not many people on the servers these days, and I have kind of gone off Saurbraten. (damn, I can never spell that).
      Thanks again for your input. :cool:

Comment

I haven't tried Xonotic, but tried Nexuiz and Urban terror. I used to play counter strike quite frequently but that was years ago. One thing that crossed my mind tho was to maybe have a KFN gaming event, just for fun. Urban Terror, America vs World ? (think most here are from US but I could be wrong) enough to gather 2 opposing teams. Would have to set up a special server though, I probobly could with 100 Mbit fiber, but I'm not sure I have the hardware atm to host it. Could be fun though.
        ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)
        Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.x (x86_64) - Debian "Squeeze" KDE 4.(5x) (x86_64)
        Acer TimelineX 4820 TG | intel i3 | 4 GB ram| ATI Radeon HD 5600
        Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.10 (x86_64) - OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE 4.10 (x86_64)
        - Officially free from windoze since 11 dec 2009
        >>>>>>>>>>>> Support KFN <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas View Post
          I haven't tried Xonotic, but tried Nexuiz and Urban terror. I used to play counter strike quite frequently but that was years ago. One thing that crossed my mind tho was to maybe have a KFN gaming event, just for fun. Urban Terror, America vs World ? (think most here are from US but I could be wrong) enough to gather 2 opposing teams. Would have to set up a special server though, I probobly could with 100 Mbit fiber, but I'm not sure I have the hardware atm to host it. Could be fun though.
          Count me in! Uptown would make a great map for this. Or maybe Subway
          ​"Keep it between the ditches"
          K*Digest Blog
          K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

I've been using Xonitic during it's developemnt, early realease and even now. I periodically download from GIT and compile it myself. Runs great! Graphicas are great! Follows what Xonoitc should have before selling out.

Comment

Looks like Enemy Territory in the 21st century.
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas View Post
                Sounds good to me.

Comment

Working...
                X