X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HTML5 game ... Chromium vs FireFox.

http://www.scirra.com/arcade/addicting-rotary-games/848

That's the URL of an HTML5 game similar to the Skateboard game my grandson plays on my iPod.

I am running Kubuntu 12.04 beta, fully updated. When I run the HTML5 game with Chromium it is smooth as silk. With FireFox the frames of the game redraws about once per second.

How does it play for you?
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Same experience as you. Chromium runs fine, Firefox is choppy. This is both on 12.04 beta and Win 7.

Comment

In Firefox it doesn't even run. It hangs at the opening screen. I don't have Chromium installed, but in Google Chrome it runs fine. This is on 11.04.
      My experience is Google Chrome renders faster and better, but Firefox is far better for building sites.

Comment

I'm staying with FireFox because I like the way it is designed, the add-ons, and it is "fast enough" for me.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Absolutely. And it's the only really open source browser from the big ones.
          I only have Chrome installed because I have to test sites. And because a lot of people use that privacy-destroyer, I have to test in it.

Comment

strangely enough i cant stand using chrome in kubuntu. i dont know what it is i just really like firefox better. however in windows its the opposite, my firefox is really sluggish and and prefer to use chrome.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
              I'm staying with FireFox because I like the way it is designed, the add-ons, and it is "fast enough" for me.
              Same here but the experience described above OP is the same as you reported. Though I may be going back and forth with the two so I can play that game. Already hooked on it.

Comment

When I went to it, in FF the page would not display as per above, but that is not the point of this reply.

At the bottom it said something to the effect of: "make a game without having to write code".

SR just linked to a new app called Box that will put files on the cloud between dolphin and android, etc.

What if.......

If one REALLY CAN, "make a game without code"..... some interested forum members get together and try to "make a game", supposedly Chrome would have to be used in some way, but if the "game" was "on the machine", then the participants could use maybe "Box" or "Ubuntuone" and it could be a collaborative thing, and maybe lotsa fun.

It wouldn't have to be "complicated" maybe a simple side scroller of some kind.

woodsmoke
                sigpic
                Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Rekonq does far worse than FireFox. Really bad. Delayed sounds. Some text not vissible. Animation seemed to be smooth though.

Comment

Working...
                  X