X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Linux train simulator available

Originally posted by GreyGeek
    I cried when both shuttles and their crews were lost.
    I understand. I remember exactly where I was [in the chemistry lab, having just returned from taking an organic chemistry test], and who I was with and who said what when the Challenger exploded. It's like it's frozen in my mind...hard to believe it's been 26 years. And then of course the Columbia...
    My brain has frequent malfunctions these days. I recall that the airport I was at was between Dallas and Fort Worth. Since you mentioned Love field in relation to Dallas, which was where my business appointment was at, I "assumed" it was at Love field where I saw the Concord.
    Ah, I see. Now I'm positive you were at DFW airport, not Love Field. Since originally responding to your comment I've given it more thought and I don't think Love Field could have handled the Concorde--but DFW could.

As for brains that frequently malfunction, what can I say?! I've been in a perpetual state of brain fog since that damned tumor was removed. So don't sweat it--in the scheme of things, it's not a big deal.
    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Originally posted by DoYouKubuntu
      As for brains that frequently malfunction, what can I say?! I've been in a perpetual state of brain fog since that damned tumor was removed. So don't sweat it--in the scheme of things, it's not a big deal.
      Yup. A hundred years from now I won't care.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek
        Originally posted by DoYouKubuntu
        Yup. A hundred years from now I won't care.
        Exactly! I know you're a bit older than I am, but I think we've reached many of the same conclusions based on our life experiences. When I think back to the super type-A person I was, sometimes I miss the hectic, crazy busy life I had, but I look at things much more in perspective now and see what's truly important and what isn't. Most of the time, anyway.
        Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Working...
        X