This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE Games & Joystick / Gamepad

I was wondering if any of you knows which KDE games can be played using a joystick or gamepad or joypad if any... I'd like to know this so I can take a look at the source code and see how they managed to include joypad support for those games if possible.
    Multibooting: Kubuntu Focal Fossa 20.04
    Before: Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
    Win 10 sadly
    Using Linux since June, 2008

Re: KDE Games & Joystick / Gamepad

I don't know of any kde games, but I got my magellan spaceball to play the 90's classic descent. I had to install the package inputattach for my serial spaceball. I added "inputattach --magellan /dev/ttyS0" to /etc/rc.local and my spaceball is ready after boot. The spaceball is a character device at /dev/input/js0. I can go into system settings and under keyboard and mouse then joystick, the display will update as I manipulate the space ball. You could hunt that kde code down....I have in the past. In Qt I have used a QSocketNotifier to "watch" the /dev/input/js0 file and then process the spaceball events. I have a small program based on Qt and Coin that manipulates a 3d opengl view based on my spaceball movements. I will pass it on if you want it. I keep meaning to shoot it on to the guys at free-cad, but I haven't. Post back and let us know what you find out. Good luck.
    FKA: tanderson

Comment

Working...
    X