X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alienarena2009, no audio?

Hi Guy's

I am hope some one found a solution to the sound problem with Alien Arena 2009.

I was able to compile and install the I386 version of alienarena2009, installed all the required dependency's and library's, and the game work's like a champ to the exception of not having audio.

i found out that alienarena2008 have a ./crx.sdl for openal sound but alienarena2009 don't have it.

By the way i am running Kubuntu 8.04 LTS.

I appriciate any input in to this problem..........Thanks.

Re: alienarena2009, no audio?

Mmm, I just downloaded the Linux version in Jaunty 64 bit and it works great, sound included, I am curious why you decided to compile it yourself?

HTH!

Comment

If i am not wrong "Adept and Synaptic" only have the Alien Arena ver 6.10.

There is Alien Arena 2008 ver 7.21 in .deb and it works fine.

I have not found a functional .deb package for Alien Arena 2009, the only one i found is off Debian Repos but it don't work it requires some dependency's that i can't find.

The RPM listed on Alien Arena 2009 is not available yet, so the only thing i can download is the source code for ver 7.30 and there for i have to compile it in order to make it work.

Have anybody have found a .deb that works or been able to make the version in Debian Repos work?

Thanks

Comment

Ah, not a deb really, but I installed from here, and put it in /opt

http://icculus.org/alienarena/rpa/aquire.html#tag2

Comment

Working...
        X