This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gang garrison 2 question

So, I installed wine, and it very obviously works--it plays eversion (a fun little windows freeware platformer) and notepad runs fine, etc.

However, i just downloaded Gang Garrison 2--so I could have a fun multiplayer shooter in lieu of TF2 (since I don't have a lot of space to work with right now, I'm not sure how well steam works with wine, and since I'm on a dual boot I can just reboot into windows if I REALLY want some TF2)--and it suffers a "runtime error" whenever wine tries to start it. The message is " runtime error 216 at 00436C39." I was just wondering if any of you have tried GG2 in wine and gotten this message, or if you have any idea how to solve it.

It's not a huge issue, but it'd be cool to play the game without a hitch in wine, and downloading and installing it in the windows section of my hard drive feels like giving up somehow.

Re: Gang garrison 2 question

I've never played it under WINE, although it's a neat little game.

Out of curiosity I just downloaded it to see what happened. I haven't done mch to my wine system32 folder, it's pretty vanilla so I don't think any fixes are in play here.
    It's bizarre, I don't really know how to explain it, but I did take a screen capture:
    http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/w...g?t=1240807498
    At first all I saw was a sliver of the menu, and the rest was the black space, but I dragged the window up to the top of my screen and moved Gang Garrison's down a bit. The mouse movement was off place to where it should be but it worked just fine. It didn't scale enough to let you pick a different class but you could join and play, seems to join as scout be default.

In other words, emulated at XP fine. Hope this helps a bit:
    The only wine setting that's not default is it has audio set to Emulation and Driver Emulation is checked.
    Search around WineHQ for similar errors, I searched Gang Garrison and nothing came up, so I guess we're all alone on this one.

Comment

Working...
    X