This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Descent

Stumbled across this the other night. What a blast from the past. Thought someone else would might get a kick out it.

http://www.dxx-rebirth.de/

FKA: tanderson

Re: Descent

and you're completely sure it works fine on Kubuntu? No issues?

If so, I'll have to check it out...ah the good old days of mining tunnels and crazed robots.

Comment

Yeah it works great! Takes a little work to get it "installed", but smooth as silk after that.

Comment

A little work as in "the normal stuff you gotta do when extracting, configuring, and setting up a tarball so you can actually play the bloody game?"

That's not a little work, that's an educational experience.

Oh, and one thing: it doesn't recognize the "./configure" command. Should I assume that's because instead of the normal configure file it has that "PKGBUILD" thing which requires a different method?

(And if so, what is that method?)

Comment

I take it you downloaded the D1X-rebirth tar.gz. After extracting that you will see an install.txt file. It has everything you need. Make sure you read the whole thing before getting started. There is info about needing some files from the original media. So if you don't have it, you will be wasting your time.

Comment

I discovered that. Ah well, I'll have to acquire the original somewhere then. A small price to pay, really.

Comment

Wow, I was just looking for some sort of Descent clone. I wasted too many hours on this game years ago, gonna check this out, hopefully it works for me.

Thanks for passing this on. I thought I was the only one who would still play a sequel, which, I hear is in the works! 8)

Comment

Working...
              X