This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

enemy territory+twinview = fubar?

I run twinview out of my 7300GT, and trying to run enemy territory has become a pain n th eass ever since i got the second monitor... before it would run perfectly on fullscreen, but now it only uses about one quarter of the screen... also, running it in wondowed mode i can't make the mouse leave the window...

anyone else with problems like this?

Re: enemy territory+twinview = fubar?

Have you got it to work on 64-bit?

I have approx same machine as you and run 64bit but there seems to be some stuff missing so i cannot connect to servers and play!

Comment

nope... i run 32 bit... i did some reading before installing and i wasn't convinced that everything would work without major work...

Comment

I run 64 bit with twinview. I tried starting up ET and it works - sort of - with respect to the user interface. It just starts up in full screen by default, so I had to endure the opening movie, and then get to the menu (I think it was called system or something) where it is possible to turn of fullscreen.

I don't have any sound from ET at the moment, though - that is kind of boring, and I am not able to download any content possibly because I installed it to my /opt partition using sudo and I run it as a normal user. Maybe need to change some permissions for what I don't know. Does ET support ALSA or does it require that older OSS sound system?

I am convinced I can get this to work. I was never much impressed by enemy territory but there is a mod called TrueCombat:Elite which looks promising! And one thing I miss with linux oin my home box is the quality fragging that can be found in windows....Battlefield1942, the spectacular Forgotten Hope mod, as well as Red Orchestra and Battlefield 2 (my preference: the Project reality mod). I wants a good game!

Comment

my motivation exaclty... i have to say that Enemy Territory has fallen a bit on my priorities after i found Regnum Online... MMORPG's are too addicting...

Comment

No way I am going to MMPORGs. Besides gaming I have to many things occupying my time, like moving to a new appartment and selling the old one, the odd physical acticvities and (curses ) some social ties with some needs for being re-tied from time to time. Because of this I cannot commit to anything that goes on real time or even in near realtime. I enjoyed a month of Battleground Europe a few years back, but now I just need my 30 min quick fixes from time to time - when it suits my schedule otherwise I just can't plan for gaming even if I still like wasting my time that way :P

Comment

oh, i don't play THAT much... an hour or two a day, maybe.... the thing is, before i used to split time between games... now i play mostly Regnum.... (although now that i got my PS2 back Final Fantasy XII has been calling me to finish it... ) :P

Comment

Have you tried running X in Xinerama mode instead, where it will see 2 seperate screens, instead of a giant single screen that is Twinview? I only suggest this since I had similar problems with games and other things using Twinview (especially with 2 different sized monitors).

Using Xinerama has worked very well for me and can be setup using the nvidia-settings tool.

Cheers,
                SB

Comment

I have tried to run ET on a Twin monitors setup with no luck, as heinkel_111 stated on a previous post, I don't have the time to dedicate myself to solve that issue.
                  On the other hand ET runs perfectly on a 64 bits box all you need is have installed, linux32 and the ia32 libs and at the time of installation you need to install it typing on the Konsole: sudo linux32 sh (et installer)
                  On the sound issue, googling like a maniac to find a solution on this matter I found the next article, I can't recall where I found it but IT WORKS and you will not have to type the known command on the Konsole to have sound every time you reboot the system, just follow this instructions:

in a terminal type:

Code:

sudo -s
                  echo "et.x86 0 0 direct" > /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/oss
                  echo "et.x86 0 0 disable" > /proc/asound/card0/pcm0c/oss
                  exit

to get this commands started after booting automatically:
                  open an editor with root rights and type

Code:

#!/bin/sh
                  #Bug in Wolfenstein ET
                  echo "et.x86 0 0 direct" > /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/oss
                  echo "et.x86 0 0 disable" > /proc/asound/card0/pcm0c/oss

save the file as "et-sound" in "/etc/init.d/". after this file is created you need to tell your system about it:

Code:

sudo chmod 755 /etc/init.d/et-sound
                  sudo update-rc.d et-sound defaults

Edit (this happened to me on a 32 bits box, on the 64 bits system the thingy just went fine):
                  in case of
                  bash: /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/oss: Permission denied
                  type in a terminal
                  sudo chmod 777 /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/oss

Hoping this helps someone

Regards,

MepisReign
                  Beware the Almighty Command Line

Comment

Hello,

Instead of openenig new topic I ask my question here.
                    I am new to Kubuntu. Installed just yesterday.
                    Before I was using Pardus Linux.
                    I backuped all program files of ET from my Pardus.
                    I copied them to /usr/games/enemy-territory directory.

When i go to that directory and try to run et bash says premission denied.
                    I run the command ./et.x86
                    Bash says Premission denied.
                    I use chmod +x et.x86
                    Then run ./et.x86
                    then bash says no such file or directory

How can i solve this problem.

Can i find Enemy Territory program in any repositorie of ubuntu so i can install it directly??
                    Thanks
                    Kubuntu User # 26056<br />Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 AMD Athlon II X2 250 4Gb Ram 1x40Gb SSd Hdd +500gb Home&nbsp; Nvidia Gf8500Gt <br />AcerAspireOne A150

Comment

Hello,

Meanwhile I changed the directory of the game to home/games.

When I try to run the game bash says no such file or directory.

Here is listing and output.

Anyone help please.

attila@attila-ubuntu:/media/disk-1/enemy-territory$ ls -la
                      total 6420
                      drwxrwxrwx 6 attila users 4096 2008-01-12 19:29 .
                      drwxr-xr-x 9 attila root 4096 2008-08-12 21:59 ..
                      -rwxr-xr-x 1 attila users 3566 2007-03-02 22:13 CHANGES
                      drwxr-xr-x 3 attila users 4096 2007-04-20 23:22 Docs
                      -rwxr-xr-x 1 attila users 168 2007-03-02 22:13 et
                      -rwxr-xr-x 1 attila users 171 2007-03-02 22:13 etded
                      -rwxr-xr-x 1 attila users 754180 2007-03-02 22:12 etded.x86
                      drwxr-xr-x 3 attila users 4096 2007-04-20 23:23 etmain
                      drwxr-xr-x 6 attila users 4096 2007-04-20 23:23 etpro
                      -rwxr-xr-x 1 attila users 3698539 2007-03-06 22:32 etpro.zip
                      -rwxrwxrwx 1 attila users 2014496 2007-03-02 22:12 et.x86
                      -rwxr-xr-x 1 attila users 1290 2007-03-02 22:12 ET.xpm
                      -rwxr-xr-x 1 attila users 14550 2007-03-02 22:13 EULA_Wolfenstein_Enemy_Territory.txt
                      -rwxr-xr-x 1 attila users 287 2007-03-02 22:12 openurl.sh
                      drwxr-xr-x 3 attila users 4096 2007-04-20 23:22 pb
                      -rwxr-xr-x 1 attila users 206 2007-03-02 21:46 pbcl.db
                      -rwxr-xr-x 1 attila users 22032 2007-03-02 22:12 v1.02_Readme.htm
                      attila@attila-ubuntu:/media/disk-1/enemy-territory$ ./et.x86
                      bash: ./et.x86: No such file or directory
                      attila@attila-ubuntu:/media/disk-1/enemy-territory$

NEVER MIND!!

I solved my problem.
                      People having problem with this game follow the link below.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=5246

Regards
                      Kubuntu User # 26056<br />Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 AMD Athlon II X2 250 4Gb Ram 1x40Gb SSd Hdd +500gb Home&nbsp; Nvidia Gf8500Gt <br />AcerAspireOne A150

Comment

Working...
                      X