X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coding simple c++ program to compile using visual studio 2005

Hello people.

I have to write some c++ code for a university project. Maybe 400-500 lines of code.
    It won't use any "fancy" library and it'll run in text mode.
    The thing is, we have to make it compile on Visual Studio 2005.

I want to write it using kdevelop and then try to make it compile on vs2005.
    Does anybody know from experience if I'll have a hard time or not trying to make this simple c++ code written with kdevelop compile on vs2005?

Thanks a lot.
    Elez

EDIT: Just to help people with the same problem, who would like to know. Indeed when using only the most basic libraries, making a kdevelop project compile on vs2005 and vice-versa is easy. I barely had to change a thing and it just compiled flawlessly.

Re: coding simple c++ program to compile using visual studio 2005

If you use plain c++ without sys-dependent libraries. The code should compile in windows w/o problems. This has no more to do with the IDE you use.

But there is no way to use the kdevelop project files in visual studio.

Comment

thanks.
      I intend to use stuff like <iostream> <stdio> and basic stuff like that. Should I worry?

Comment

If it is that basic, I dont think you need to worry. If you'd like, you can pm me your code and I try to compile it in VS2005 before you have to give it a try in your class.

Comment

Originally posted by eisbär
          If it is that basic, I dont think you need to worry. If you'd like, you can pm me your code and I try to compile it in VS2005 before you have to give it a try in your class.

Thanks a lot for the offer!
          But I'm writing it with someone who's gonna use vs2005. He said he'll do the work of making it compile over there. I just wanted to make sure it's not such hard work for him.

Thanks again man!
          Elez

Comment

Working...
          X