This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HTML5 Snippets for Kate

For those that do HTML, I have made a snippets repository which you can use in Kate

How to use snippets

In the Get New Snippets dialog, you can find them under the name "HTML5 Tag Autocomplete" and install them from there. Or you can download the file from this store.kde link and paste it into /home/USERNAME/.local/share/ktexteditor_snippets/data/

Any comments positive or negative appreciated. I'm going to a CSS one next and then I'll do one with more templates for layouts in.

Originally posted by Bings View Post
    For those that do HTML, I have made a snippets repository which you can use in Kate

How to use snippets

In the Get New Snippets dialog, you can find them under the name "HTML5 Tag Autocomplete" and install them from there. Or you can download the file from this store.kde link and paste it into /home/USERNAME/.local/share/ktexteditor_snippets/data/

Any comments positive or negative appreciated. I'm going to a CSS one next and then I'll do one with more templates for layouts in.
    THAT'S SLICK! Love IT!
    Works great.
    (Hint: After putting the xml into the indicated subdirectory open Kate's Configure --> Plugins and highlight "Snippets".)

EDIT: I downloaded a bunch of snippets and all but one downloaded OK. The bad one, which was the one I wanted most, was KDialog by nowardev. It gave an API 103 error.
    Last edited by GreyGeek; Feb 26, 2018, 03:49 PM.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I looked at the page of that kdialog snippet, it seems that it was hosted on some googlecode site that's now been shut down. However it looks like it's uploaded here

Comment

I've now uploaded "CSS Property Autocomplete" available through the get new snippets function also at this link. This contains all the properties listed on the w3schools site as well as an extra $new snippet which outputs

Code:
        blank {

}
        Just type over the blank and press tab and it will automatically go in position for typing the properties.

Comment

Working...
        X