Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bit Stuck with QML dependency (org.kde.plasma.components)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Bit Stuck with QML dependency (org.kde.plasma.components)

I have been making my first application, which is python and QML. I have it hosted here https://gitlab.com/Largos/jack-transport-for-plasma

I have made it in Kubuntu 20.04 and I went to test it on two other KDE Distros (Ubuntu Studio 21.10 and Manjaro) and I had the same issue. In the QML file I am using

Code:
    import org.kde.plasma.components 3.0 as PlasmaComponents3
    In both tests, it prompted me to install it, I cannot find how to install it and I cannot remember if I ever even did. I copied the code out of the media player controls widget in the system tray that comes by default. That can be found in

Code:
    /usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.mediacontroller/contents/ui/ExtendedRepresentation.qml
    If you go down to line 385, you see the code I based it on. (I had intended to make a a widget version of this initially).

Does anyone know where org.kde.plasma.components is installed from/with?
    Last edited by Bings; Feb 06, 2022, 04:11 PM.

Is this what you are looking for?
    https://api.kde.org/frameworks/plasm...omponents.html
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Yes, that's it. What package is it part of, plasma-framework?

Comment

I'm just confused now. I went back into Ubuntu Studio and looked at the qml in the mediacontroller plasma on that distro and they using the same import. I also tried opening the qml file separately with the qml viewer and it worked fine. So, I don't understand why it tells me the module isn't installed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bings View Post
          I don't understand why it tells me the module isn't installed.
          That 'could' be the result of a path issue, where the path to the module isn't where it's expected (to be).
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I figured it out. I forgot how I installed pyside2 and was doing it with pip instead of apt.

Comment

Ah, a hat I've worn several times. Fits me comfortably.
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
              X