This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] SDDM Greeter and QML

OK, I'm really trying to get a Greeter customized to my tastes. Really not enough information, at least none that I could find, to help.

So, I take Breeze's stuff and worked around that. I know for the most part changing the pictures are easy but I'm trying to modify the QML to fit my preferences. QML file names changed accordingly.

So, can anybody tell me why the below error when not that much has changed yet between Breeze and mine except the file names and the Theme names in all locations they appear in the Breeze theme itself!?!?!

Code:
    WW) GREETER: file:///home/moonrise/_ARC_/SDDM_Themes/Goes_to_SDDM_folder/angelfurry/Main.qml:75:22: Expected type name 
                 initialItem: angelfurryBlock {

What's on line 75 of Main.qml?
    If you're sitting wondering,
    Which Batman is the best,
    There's only one true answer my friend,
    It's Adam Bloody West!

Comment

The last line item shown starting with "a" in angelfurryBlock

Comment

You should have a directory within your project called components, this gets imported on line 29 of main.qml. In the components folder there is a file called BreezeBlock.qml, also BreezeLabel.qml and BreezeHeading.qml. You should rename these files to match your new name, for example angelfurryBlock.qml and edit them as appropriate.

It is a programming convention that types are named starting with a capital so instead of angelfuryyblock you would have AngelFurryBlock. It doesn't matter from the computers point of view but other programmers will probably whine about it; for proof I proffer this paragraph.
        It's Adam Bloody West!

Comment

Ahhhh, types starting with a "Capital". OK. That is the piece I was missing. I was kind of thinking on those lines when looking at other Themes but it didn't register as such. I needed a nudge. Thanks!

Comment

Just read my last reply and I think I should clarify that the computer doesn't care about case as long as everything matches.
            It's Adam Bloody West!

Comment

Well, either way, it is the fact it had to start with a capital letter. After changing the "a" to "A" on all file names and all references where appropriate in the QML, all was happy so I'm happy. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X