X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PyQt, qwebview and kwebview

Hi all
    Does anyone here dabble (or deep-dive!) in Python GUI programming using Qt?

I'm moderately comfortable with Python but now I'm trying gui programming, and PyQt is the language binding of my choice, and (for the moment) eric is my Python IDE of choice.

And I'm trying to complete this tutorial: eric4 web browser tutorial
    All is fine up to the end of "Chapter 2" where it tells me to add a QWebView widget. But Qt Designer thinks I don't have such a widget available. There is a KWebView and I'm thinking this is a KDE project replacement - and this page says you should use KWebView in place of QWebView.

But if I add that, Chapter 3 stumbles because the generate dialog code step says there is no module named kwebview.

I think I need to install QWebView and I think it's provided by QtWebKit and I don't think I have the right package. Or else I don't have the right Qt Designer plugin.

Maybe no one knows the answer but someone can point me in the right direction?
    I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

do you have the "libqtwebkit-dev" installed ?

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Yes I do, and it provides the files /usr/include/qt4/QtWebKit/QtWebView and /usr/include/qt4/QtWebKit/qwebview.h

So I think this must be a problem with a Qt Designer plugin (and a separate problem with kwebview).

(I've worked around it by manually editing the .ui file and recompiling it, but this would mean I can't go back into Qt Designer for this project.)
      I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Working...
      X