Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I work a lot with Python and PyQt4 and I have to say that it the absolute best you can get for rapid gui programming and basic application development. Python has a lot of great libraries, most of which are done in C/C++ so don't stress too much about speed. Its a great place to start learning programming but I would recommend learning a statically typer language like C++ eventually.

Concerning the whole Python2/3 thing, just program whatever your distro currently runs and go from there. Most but not all Python 2.7 libraries have been ported to 3 so that shouldn't hold you back. You might get more resources, guides etc for Python 2. I just have to point out that there aren't that many huge language changes and that most of python 3 is tyding up the language and introduce a few niceties. Also its easy to port your code between the versions.

Anyways, thats my two cents but I do program with python 2/3, pyqt4 and a whole lot of other libraries on almost a daily basis and I have to say it doesn't matter which one you choose.

Comment

Working...
    X