This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eclipse Question

I've tried asking this question at the Eclipse forums but nobody is responding. I thought I'd throw it up over here and see if anyone can offer some advice.

Here it goes...

I'm getting the dreaded "overlaps the location of another project:" problem.

I've searched up and down for a solution to this and can't seem to find one.

I've been trying to get subversive to work and read that all I needed to do was start a new project with code that had all the .svn stuff in it and subversive would recognize it. After I created the project I noticed it wasn't a C++ project. I couldn't figure out how to convert it so I decided to delete it.

I didn't remove the folder/files from the HDD but just from the IDE window.

So, I decided to try and create a new C++ project and see if it would work. I can't do it because of this stupid problem.

Is there an easy way to delete a workspace or project in Eclipse?

Don't point me to some blog about how /usr/lib/eclipse/configuration/.setting blah, blah, blah because that file doesn't exist on my machine.

I'm using Kubuntu 10.10 with Eclipse 3.5.2. Apparently they removed the convert wizard in this release and where the .setting file is.

Is there a way to delete a workspace or project WITHIN the Eclipse IDE (GUI)?

If not - there should be because this is completely ridiculous.

Re: Eclipse Question

I just need some clarification.

You deleted the project from eclipse, but only the project not the files on the disk right? And now when you try to create a new project at the same location you get an error that says that there already is a project there.

Comment

Re: Eclipse Question

Did you solve the problem? Maybe deleting the .project and .svn files/folder in the project directory would do the trick?
      Generally, to start a svn-project, I think you have to start the wizard for subversive first and then at some point you get to select what kind of project it is (like C++, PyDev, Photran, etc.).

Comment

Working...
      X