This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Bash Scripting Tool

I asked this question in the Ubuntu forums as well but I'm asking you guys as well because ya'll have always been good to me. Thanks.

So at my new job we do a lot of bash scripting for various things. We currently use vi for all of our scripting needs since we primarily use unix servers and vi is the only thing we have for editing on those servers. Does anyone know if there is a nice gui (I know this goes against some peoples beliefs as to that everything should be done in vi) similar in functionality as say VisualStudio for writing scripts that it could check your syntax and formating to verify that your script was good. It'd be really cool if it had something similar to intelisense but thats not required. Thanks in advance for all of your help on this. And if vi is the only thing I have oh well.
    Kubuntu II on both Laptop and Desktop and some servers here at the office

Re: Bash Scripting Tool

I don't know about Kate but I've heard that the TEA editor has a suitable module for Bash highlighting now. Also, if you'd like a clean DOS-like editors instead of vi try ne. Both are available from the repositories.

Comment

Emacs does syntax hilighting quite nicely, and I think VIM probably does too.
      Welcome newbies!
      Verify the ISO
      Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

I personally like Kate, it has a clean bash highlighting, it also has a terminal where you can test your script.

Comment

Working...
        X