This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eye Candy - Transparency

I'm using Dapper on a p3 1ghz & was a bit bored with the desktop layout!
    So, after looking around for a fix for my Baghira theme I found Baghira for Dapper, installed & all bugs, mainly firefox & xaraLX were fixed.
    Now i'm no apple junkie, just like the clean layout & extra options you get.
    Then for transparency: After enabling transparency in "window behaviour" I found nothing happened... After a quick google I found a great & easy to follow how to.
    To enable transparency which by the way is VERY COOL just:

1. Disable all gui effects

2. add this to your /etc/x11/xorg.conf

Section "Extensions"
    Option "Composite" "true"
    EndSection

3. Then apt-get install xcompmgr

4. Re-start x

Away you go! adjust fades, shadows etc in system settings - window behaviour.

Sorry if this is a bit obvious to most, but to people like me short "how tos" really help. Now to try & get my Lucent wifi working!

Re: Eye Candy - Transparency

By the way, KWin comes with it's own composite manager, called kompmgr, if I'm not mistaken. This means that you don't need to install xcompmgr AFAIK. Also, one of ubuntuforums.org's experts on eye-candy stuff (poofyhairguy) said that KWin's composite manager is better than xcompmgr. In fact, he replaced Metacity (GNOME's default window manager) with KWin in Ubuntu just to take advantage of it.

Just thought you'd like to know that info.
    Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Working...
    X