X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux question?

Hello,

I'm planning to download linux on a Windows Vista computer, then transfer the downloaded files to another old computer and install it on the old computer.

If I simply download linux on my Vista, will it affect my operating system or computer in any way? In short, does linux install itself once I download it? If so, is there any way to prevent that?

And what are some good websites to download linux from?
    ITIL Training<br /> CISCO Software Training

Re: Linux question?

It is safe to download the Kubuntu .iso file to your PC while in Vista.
    Kubuntu will not install itself anywhere.

Burning ISO How TO: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BurningIsoHowto

You will download the Kubuntu .iso file, then you will burn a live Kubuntu CD (as an image file, not as a data file), and you can use that live Kubuntu CD to install Kubuntu on any PC. You can also safely run that live CD (by putting it in your CD tray and re-booting the PC) to "test drive" Kubuntu (and that is also safe to do -- it will not affect your Vista hard drive unless YOU do so from the live session).

In Vista, you must use some CD burning software like NERO to make your live Kubuntu CD.
    There are also free software products you can find and download to do the CD burning (use google).

An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
    X