This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double Click and Run Problem

Recently I've installed kubuntu and done some development(mainly simple hello world SDL apps such for the moment to test with). I compiled several programs and I can test them from KDevelop just fine. I can use the terminal to go to the directory where the program is and run it with "./helloworld". I CANNOT run the program in the terminal doing "helloworld", "/src/helloworld" etc... I can't get my program to run at all by typing the path in the "Run Command" box in the KMenu. Now, in konqueror, when I double click on the executable it does not run. I installed Krusader and could double click on my program and it would run fine.

My question is is there some setting in konqueror, KDE, or somewhere that I can change so that I can run my program from the "Run Command" or by double clicking it in konqueror?

Kubuntu is great although this is the only thing that really irks me.

Re: Double Click and Run Problem

to run as 'helloworld' it would need to be in your path such as in /bin /usr/bin /usr/sbin or add the directory to your path. sometimes symlinking to the pat can work

'/src/helloworld' also wouldnt do nothing

./helloworld work becuase ./ will run it try ./path/to/helloworld

you can set konqueror to run it on a double click by right clicking 'helloworld' and 'open with' you can then configure how to from there

Comment

Working...
    X