X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu Graphics Card Issues

Hi,

First up I will say I am very new to Linux, having really only started to use it very lightly over the last 6 months when I made the bold effort to switch from having a Windows personal desktop to a Linux - Kubuntu desktop after trialing out a few distros and reading reviews. I have been for the most part quite happy with the choice and have learned a lot already. However recently I have started to encounter some issues with what I believe is the graphics card.

Currently I have issues where my computer just reboots (no manual intervention) when I either try to open a graphics intensive game such as ARK, it will also do the same when running a video export with OpenShot, KDENLive or other editors, they all have the same problem at a certain point in the export. I believe it is limited to Kubuntu install as I am setup with dual boot and Windows does not experience the issues. In fact if I am running the W10 vm inside of workstation within this computer the issue doesn't happen (except for testing ARK of course). So I am starting to think there is something wrong with my Kubuntu AMD drivers or something else within the OS configuration but I lack the skills to really understand how or where to go to find out what the cause is, so apologies if you have to explain so basic actions here to take.

To be clear I have not played around with drivers at all and just went with what drivers were provided by Kubuntu.

Hardware
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X AM4 3.8GHz
    GFX: Gigabyte Radeon RX590
    RAM: Silicon Power 32gb (2x16gb) DDR4 3200MHz
    MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk
    SSD: Silicon Power 1TB SSD

Thanks in advance for any and all help offered.
Working...
X