Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Jam Classic or other bluetooth speraker greyed out in music profile

Hi
    my Bluetooth Jam Classic speaker was not found (grayed out) in the profile of Music in the multimedia tab of preferences and would not play.

It MAY be because I had hooked the computer to the large screen t.v. using the HDMI output which then defaulted to the Turks driver, and that POSSIBLY bolluxed the setup, anyway it didn't work.

Yes, I have Bluetooth and Pulsaudio control installed and the system SAW the device and "said" that it was configured etc. but it still wouldn't play.

So here are the two commands.

After the first a notification appeared that a LOT of Linux Headers and other stuff had to be auto-removed and then a restart was required, the system would not take the second command until after the restart.

As a PRECAUTION I also restarted without carrying over any settings.
    sudo apt-get install pulseaudio-module-bluetooth
    sudo pactl load-module module-bluetooth-discover
    The following command returned : module-bluetooth-discover IS loaded.

pactl list | grep -i module-bluetooth-discover
    After the second command, the Jam Classic automatically appeared and all that was needed was to connect using the normal Bluetooth connexion in the tray.

It connected both as an audio sink and as headphones.

Of course, if there are any questions, please ask.

woodsmoke
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Sep 27, 2016, 09:42 PM. Reason: solved
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

I am please to post that upon installing the absolute latest and greatest Kubu LTS that Bluetooth does, indeed, work with simple clicks and the Jam Classic speaker works.

The only thing then is the relatively simple setup in Multimedia with the CAUTION that if one has ANY other kind of hardware sound equipment, such as wired speakers or HDMI on the computer itself that one CANNOT just "click the speaker button" to disable them, one must go through the drop down menu and select "off" for any and all hardware except the bluetooth device and the device of concern will work IMMEDIATELY.

I posted step by step in another thread.

A) Plug the Bluetooth device into a power source and turn it on.
    B) Go to system settings and Bluetooth and in Devices you probably will not see a device, click the button to search for devices and if the device appears it appears, It was very iffy in my Wiley install.
    C) if it does appear then go to Multimedia and in the audio and video button you should see the device named in the device preferences, possibly at the bottom of a list, click it and click apply.
    D) Go to Audio Hardware and you "may" have to click the drop down to find the device, in any manner, select it and click apply.
    E) you can test it from there and you should hear the normal "melifulous sound" for testing audio devices.
    woodsmoke
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Sep 27, 2016, 09:44 PM.
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

looks to me as though your going round your elbow to get to your ear ,,,,,,,,,,,

@ hear if I turn on the Jam Classic ,,,,it gives it's startup beeps .

click the Bluetooth icon in the system tray ,,,,,,,

Aaaaa theirs the Jam Classic ,,,,,,, click connect

it connects and now gives the option to disconnect ,,,

now click the speaker icon in the system tray and you will see the Jam Classic as a output device

do you see the word applications above the "Playback Devices" section click it and you will see the source stream ,,,,,,,you can click and drag the icon of the application

and drop it on the destination ,,,,,the Jam Classic

and the Jam Classic will start to play .

thats 3 clicks and a drag and drop ,,,,, rite from the desktop.

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Hi
        Thanks for the nice post, I am sure that many will be able to use it, however, it has not been my experience. "The dingus" is supposed to show what is going on but it has been my experience that quite often there is a setting buried down in the bottom that doesn't.

Since I have purchased this thing, three years or so ago from a Samsung dealer I have never had an easy time with it.

Unfortunately, I think that a lot of this is about the PARTICULAR hardware.

As an example, after a restart, the Jam Classic is not to be seen upon a right click of the sound icon, what I see instead is "dummy output".

And this with the speaker being plugged in to a power source so that it is powered, and not turned off.

When I click the Bluetooth icon it "looks" for the Jam Classic but then pops a message that the device is unreachable, again, with it being fully powered and turned on.

It is "paired" and it is "trusted" but it is not reachable.

upon clicking the configure the connexion popup shows a brown panel at the top asking if I want to "fix" connecting to a device. I click it and it says ok but, when the Jam classic symbol's "connect" is clicked, nothing happens.

Of course all other items are correctly ticked.

WHAT WILL WORK is to turn the device off and turn it back on.

HOWEVER, the sound symbol still shows only "dummy output".

So, I then have to go through the whole rigamarole again, but, it does work.

Again, I think that it is just a situation of the particular hardware COMBINATION, not configuration, because configuration will eventually get it working.

woodthanksforthepostsmoke
        Last edited by woodsmoke; Sep 29, 2016, 06:27 PM.
        sigpic
        Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
        X