This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guayadeque

For streaming music this is VERY PROBABLY going to become my default......

I provide the home page:

http://guayadeque.org/

And the Wikipedia article which IS INCOMPLETE in terms of the app's capabilities......it's capabilities are....well shall we say....numerous....as in some rather off the mainstream capabilities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guayadeque_Music_Player

Kinda plain in appearance .....but... it does fit nicely into the Breeze theme...

Here is the place for which it is named.

https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guayadeque

It is not being "well maintained" nowadays, the fellow had some devs working with him but they have, apparently, embarked on other projects and so has he... He SAYS that he is working on an updated version, but dunno...

but this one is a keeper for the old woodsmoker.

If I was given instructions by some kind person I might even "download the binaries" and learn to "package" it and THAT is saying something! :0

woodlikesitsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Is this one in the repositories? I searched and only found unity-scope-guayadeque.

I looked at the home page and see the deb files per Ubuntu release up to saucy can be downloaded from Source Forge.
    For later versions you might have to download the .tar.bz2 and compile.
    sigpic

Comment

I'm still digging Tomahawk. There's a PPA for the newest version available.
      ​"Keep it between the ditches"
      K*Digest Blog
      K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

HI!!!

I think that maybe the takeaway from your replies is that .....maybe the NEWEST........is not always the BEST for different uses and people!

woodthanksyouforthecommentssmoke
        sigpic
        Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
          ...I think that maybe the takeaway from your replies is that .....maybe the NEWEST........is not always the BEST ...
          Exactly
          sigpic

Comment

woodlikesscubaprosmoke
            sigpic
            Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

The player disappeared from the computer and from the repos after I upgraded to Xenial.

woodsmoke
              sigpic
              Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

The below was from their web-site. They had DEBs but not for many current releases. They do have a tarball that you can compile yourself. They had fairly good instructions. They do have a PPA but may still be limited to only the releases I noted in the DEB direct download.

Guayadeque in Ubuntu Software Center

To install guayadeque in Ubuntu 10.10 and later, you can now use the ubuntu software center! (Not recommended!)

Comment

Ahhh youse guys is much smarter than me! I'm just a hardware kinda guy!
                  woodnottoobrightsmoke
                  sigpic
                  Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
                  X