Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

music player dedicated sliders in volume control.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[KDE] music player dedicated sliders in volume control.

Ok
    As anyone who has been around the forum for very long knows....the ol' woodsmoker ain't too bright.....

I have an activity that has a really nice wallpaper of a "KDE girl" on it and off to one side is Amarok.

I have an ANCIENT..........as in DOG years..........ANCIENT set of Gateway 2000 speakers and bass.

The desktop speakers are set up at the "ideal" location at the base of a "pyramid" 3 feet away behind my monitor.

The bass hangs in a "potato sack" net below the desk.

The volume is set at one level and it seldom varies unless I play something that has a built in loud or soft volume because I almost always play one of the SOMA FM channels.

If I do adjust the volume it is with the volume control in the bottom panel and there has NEVER been anything in the control except: "Built-in Audio Analog Stereo" and I just slide it up or down. and "event sounds".

TODAY..........after an update a few days ago..........there is now:

Turks/Whistler HDMI Audio Radeon HD 6000 series digital stereo HDMI - which does not function because I'm not doing HDMI out...

An AMAROK slider!!! with the title of the song playing therein!! :0

and control was NOT in the analog slider which was all the way down, it was in the Amarok slider!!!

ok I fiddled around and could control it both ways....

So............I'll do a "test" sezeee to myself sezeee...

I fired up Clementine and GUESS WHAT........

A slider for Clementine appeared!!! :0

The same happens for VLC!!!... :0

Now.....yessss....I don't access the controller very much...........

BUT I HAVE NOT....seen this in a couple of other distros that I play around with on the t.v. they just have the basic slider.

So.............. just wondering when and what and why...........It's a good thing....but has anyone else notice this? I will ASSUME that the answers will be in the affirmative for anyone running at least Wiley which has updated.

woodsayzhmmmmsezeeehmmsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Indeed, several multimedia programs add a control. It looks like an offshoot from KDEConnect. Otherwise, the recent 'updates' have also given regressions, I can no longer play a video while listening to the radio, separate volume controls are missing and the video will just pause until I switch off KRadio.

Comment

HI!
      Thank for the reply!

Tis a puzzle, and I'm sorry that I can't help.
      woodsmoke
      sigpic
      Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
      X