This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can not record desktop audio

My apologies for my first post being a "help me" post, but I've been tinkering with this for the past three days and it's finally driven me batty enough to *gasp* ask for help...

The problem: I can not record desktop audio at all. I have used just about every screen capture software, command line tool, Audacity, everything. Universally it can record from my onboard microphone but not the actual desktop audio. Specifically in Audacity I have used every audio input it shows and it either records nothing, or my mic. Mind you, I am testing on just about every desktop recording software this OS has, so I'm guessing it's somewhere deep in the system where the dragons lay...

...So I went into alsamixer and cranked everything up to 100, to no avail. Then I cranked everything up to 100 save for the mic, as I wondered if that was messing with it. No dice. I just do not know enough about Linux to figure this one out.

Unfortunately I do not know the commands whose output would help anyone diagnose this. I am running the latest updated stable on a Lenovo g505s. Any thoughts would be _hugely_ appreciated.

the "volume control application in this shot is pavucontrol
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install pavucontrol

have somthing playing wile you set it up ,,,,@hear it was shoutcast on firefox

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Nothing shows up. I'm getting the feeling that I'm using some generic drivers or something? I'm not all too certain, but I get this sneaking suspicion that my audio hardware isn't fully set up or something.

Comment

in your screenshot ,,,,right to the left of where is seas "stop monitoring" their is the "HD-Audio generic" ,,,,change that to "default:line:0"

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
        X