This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having some fun with Kmouth [with apologies to tek_heretic]

Tek_heretic, I got your thread closed, seems only fair I should be the one to resurrect it.

Originally posted by tek_heretic
    Install festival and kmouth

Enter this command for speaking text in the settings dialouge... /usr/bin/festival --tts (it worked for me, here is the KDE docs page link... http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdeacc...ig-dialog.html )

Now type "Hi, my name is Stephen Haw-king (the speech synthesizer interprets Haw-king better than Hawking), I...<insert something funny here>

I am surely going to hell, lol. :!!:
    sigpic
    "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
    -- Douglas Adams

Don't sweat it man, I was just goofing around anyway, who knows, somebody could be a huge fan of Hawking, lol. :mad:>:eek::-D:-):smile::-(:sad::-o:?:::lol::razz:ops::cry::roll::wink::neutral:

Oh look, I found all the smileys, lol.
    Last edited by tek_heretik; Aug 11, 2013, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Stephen Hawking - Yes. The 'other' guy - No.

Hey, tek, find enough smiley's? :grin:
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Did you check out that Kubuntu ring thread? I am thinking about getting one.

Comment

The real Stephen Hawking, taking some time off from physics to make a guest appearance in a sitcom. :cool:

I really must read A Brief History of Time. I got it as a gift a few months back, but I've been a bit daunted by it, so I keep putting it off.

tek_heretic - I took a look at that ring, and it does look pretty nice. But the price tag is waaaay too rich for my blood.
          sigpic
          "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
          -- Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by HalationEffect View Post
            tek_heretic - I took a look at that ring, and it does look pretty nice. But the price tag is waaaay too rich for my blood.
            Yeah, I know, it's because of all the cool machining that goes in to them, I used to do some machining years ago, I know exactly how those are made, that's why I want one, lol. :cheesygrin: (that's a custom smiley without the smiley).

Comment

Working...
            X