This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mumble is NEAT!

I just got "off the line" with my son. He lives 11 miles away, on the other side of town, and we were working together installing Minecraft & Tekkit on his son's computer. Instead of Skype, or Google chat, or other heavy apps I decided to try Mumble.

It's in the repository. My grandson's computer is running Lucid. I installed it on my box and my son installed it on my grandson's box. We ran the Audio Wizard and then, by phone, agreed to met in a specific free server.

Our voices were crystal clear, like we were setting next to each other. There was NO lag, no static, no noise, no echos ... just pure, beautiful voice.

When he gets Tekkit installed my grandson and I are going to play Minecraft Tekkit on my new Tekkit server and talk to each other with Mumble.

It gets my AAA+ rating!8)
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

kewl!

I can 'member when a fellow became quite umbraged back at Xandros because he wanted a voice system of "some kind" to play tank attack! lol

My, my oh my how things have progressed in such a short time!
    woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

I bought three months of a server hosting Tekkit pre-set up, which allows 10 connections. With the three of us playing Minecraft Tekkit and talking via Mumble it's like we are setting side by side.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Yeah mumble quality is so much better than skype/ventrilo that it makes me laugh. The latency difference is also impressive. It would be nice if there was an idiot proof one button server setup for those who are casually chatting with only a few people but I guess free servers make up for that. Either way great app.

Comment

Working...
        X