This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone used Gmusicbrowser?

I installed Xubuntu on an old laptop, and Gmusicbrowser is the default music player. I really like it.
    I was just wondering if anyone has installed it in Kubuntu. Since it's a gtk app is that going to cause problems?
    I'm very new to Kubuntu/KDE.
    "Sitting quietly, doing nothing,
    Spring comes, and the grass grows by itself."

Re: Has anyone used Gmusicbrowser?

It won't cause any problems. Installing it in Kubuntu 11.10 installs the following:
    The following NEW packages will be installed:
    gmusicbrowser libao-common libao4 libaudio-scrobbler-perl libcairo-perl
    libconfig-inifiles-perl libglib-perl libgstreamer-perl libgtk2-notify-perl
    libgtk2-perl libgtk2-trayicon-perl libnet-dbus-perl libpango-perl
    libtie-ixhash-perl libxml-parser-perl libxml-twig-perl libxml-xpath-perl
    mpg321
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: Has anyone used Gmusicbrowser?

Thanks!
      I'm using the new version of Juk right now and it works quite nicely. But I may try this out in Kubuntu.
      "Sitting quietly, doing nothing,
      Spring comes, and the grass grows by itself."

Comment

I have been using Gmusicbrowser for a little while now with kubuntu 12.10. i have encountered no problems with it so far. i especially like it for its versatility with its layouts. i also have about 20k tracks, so it really does help me keep them organized

Comment

I have Xubuntu 11.10 on an old mini tower pc and I use gmusicbrowser on that. I've never thought about installing it on my Kubuntu laptop because I don't like the idea of mixing gtk and qt apps. If I'm using a qt desktop I prefer to use qt apps and vice versa. But I know you can run gtk apps within qt desktops and qt apps within gtk desktops.

Comment

i was playing around with ubuntu before i switched to kubuntu, and im still running lubuntu on my old hp pavillion laptop. i've messed around with various apps, and i've discovered that, at least for myself, there arent really any noticable differences. i've had minor errors here and there with dependencies, but package manager clears it right up (a google search usually helped me find out what to look for). Anyway, make the switch to Gmusicbrowser. its worth it

Comment

Working...
            X