Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone experienced with Streamtuner2 want to discuss it?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone experienced with Streamtuner2 want to discuss it?

Also including streamripper?

I don't have an unsolvable "problem" with the two apps, it just seems to be a situation of "bloatware" wherein what used to be a simple elegant app has....welll...

so, just wondering if anybody wanted to discuss any and all things about it.

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Re: anyone experienced with Streamtuner2 want to discuss it?

I have Streamtuner2. I think that Streamripper is just the ability to record a live stream. I don't know that that amounts to bloatware.

On my desktop I have a Windows app, running under Wine, to do the same thing - to record a live stream.
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Re: anyone experienced with Streamtuner2 want to discuss it?

Hi
      thanks for the reply arochester.

I agree, the ripper part is just that but it "ustabe" many years ago, that the tuner part was relatively simple and, basically, one had to copy and paste an URL into it to get to a stream to have ripper do it's thing.

Pretty simple.

I had not used it in quite a while and had occasion to do so for Halloween( wanted to rip some Goth stuff for music while the kids were coming by) and found an appropriate station but then made the great mistake of closing the thing.

When I went back to do some more recording I couldn't find the station so I went to the site and copied the URL but could get the URL to actually work in anything, tried to "search" and got no results for that, ended up searching ALL of the urls in the various formats and could not find it.

Finally, through completely trial and error, kind of how one found the "key" in the old Atari King Tut's Tomb I happened to DISCOVER how to do it..no logic involved at all.. and got some more stuff recorded.

But, for some reason, it seems that in all of the other stuff, and the other stuff IS useful...one merely need click a stream, that the simple operation of copying and pasting an URL to rip has become, not lost, but almost ..lost.

any comments?

woodsmoke
      sigpic
      Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
      X