X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

veromix plasmoid

Hi,
    there are several "mentions" of veromix on the forum, usually with some kind of problem directly or as a passing mention with other stuff.

So I thought I'd check it out.

It is a plasmoid controller of an audio player which is already working such as Amarok.

The d/l from KDE-look (info here) etc. wouldn't work for me so I installed "the older version in the software channels", and it plays nicely.

Here is info concerning the Oneric version .

It is pretty, appropriately semitransparent and shiney, has some simple controls(play/pause/ff/fr, volume, event sounds volume) and provides the icon of the player if no album cover linky stuff is available..

It first opens as about an inch by an inch in size so one has to drag it to expand it. And, of course, it is moveable, the image here may be for comparison(don't know).

[img width=400 height=282]http://techlaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/veromixwidget.png[/img]

Now.....does one NEED another piece of "clutter" on the desktop .. OR...does one need ANOTHER thing other than the standard Kmix, and/or the players controls...I don't know... .some people like this stuff and some don't. It looks pretty kewl to me and fits in nicely with the last Kubu default screen.

woodsmoke

sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Re: veromix plasmoid

I've been using veromix for a while, in the system tray. I never had much luck switching things between headphones and internal speakers wtih kmix. With veromix, drag and drop a stream on the device and you're good to go.

0.13.1 is available on http://code.google.com/p/veromix-plasmoid/. Not sure what is fixed from the 0.13.0 version in the repo.

Comment

Re: veromix plasmoid

ronw

I did not know about the headphone thing, since I quit using them a year or so ago. but will investigate....thanks!!!

And yes, I did not mention that. drag and drop yesser!!! thank yew!!!

woodnottobrightsmoke

sigpic
      Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
      X