X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon EOS 400D

Hi,

Thinking of using Kubutu on new computer. My major concern at the moment is that Canon appears not to support this product in any Linux software, any suggestions on how I can do it.

I am not exactly a whiz at this computing lark, but have succesfully built own pc before.

(keep it simple).

Re: Canon EOS 400D

When you say "Canon appears not to support this product in any Linux software" this does not mean that the camera does not work in Linux, it means that Canon will not answer any questions you may have about Linux. Canon will not help YOU... but we will.

If you look at (say) http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=510177 you will see that the camera does work with *buntu.
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Thanks,

I have one or two other queries but suspect all will be resolved by a bit of digging

Phil.

Comment

Phil,

Try the Kubuntu live CD and see how it goes on your machine - does it find your hardware and your camera?
        Using the live CD does not install anything on your computer including your hard disk and does not harm any other OS that you are using. Of course, if you later decide to install, the performance will be much faster as reading from a hard disk is much faster than reading from an optical drive.

Maybe your Canon EOS 400D comes with software for Windows and possibly even Mac, but you may be pleasantly surprised to find that Linux does even more.
        HP Compaq nc6400, 2Gi, 100Gi, ATI x1300 with 512M

Comment

Working...
        X