This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple way to create .m3u

This is not Kubuntu unique and it should work in Windows as well. I used dir rather than ls for that reason. They are interchangeable in this instance. In this example, I have ripped a minidisc using audacity and saved all of the ogg files in a single directory. Audacity does not yet create m3u playlists and it is rather a pain in amarok. Last time I looked, I could not find any good tag/playlist editors for ogg, so I started for the command line. Obviously, in this example, the minidisc is Little River Band's Greatest Hits. I know, I'm old and nostalgic. You'll be there some day too kiddies.

dir *.ogg > "little river band - greatest hits.m3u"

I am going to fool with this more later and probably make a little script as I would like to get to:

dir *.ogg > "<directory> - <album title or everything before the first space/dash in the filename>.m3u"

My standard naming convention for my music files is:

album title - two digit track number - track title.ogg

If someone wants to help with the script, yeah. This is probably ridiculously simple, but I thought there might be a novice out there who would find this helpful. I use audacity to rip minidiscs (with my sony mds - je780) and vinyl (with my ion usb turntable). Cheers.
Working...
X