This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unread since last visit issues

I, like I imagine most, check the forum and look at those new posts since my last visit. That presents two problems.

1) If I reply to a post, it doesn't take me back to the new posts since my last visit, it takes me to the forum the post came from, so I have to go back like four pages to get back to the new posts.

2) New posts since last visit are not threaded, the same topic occurs multiple times over the course of the several pages of new posts.

Re: Unread since last visit issues

In regards to the second comment, that is the normal operation since the link is for new posts since last visit, not new threads since last visit. As for your first comment, I am going to experiment a little with that. I will get back to you on that.

Comment

This may sound silly, but after post a message or reply, why don't you just go back to the top of the page click the new posts link again? After posting, your browser defaults back to the top, so there would be no extra scrolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Open Source
        In regards to the second comment, that is the normal operation since the link is for new posts since last visit, not new threads since last visit.
        I don't want new threads since last visit, I want new posts since last visit, by thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Open Source
          This may sound silly, but after post a message or reply, why don't you just go back to the top of the page click the new posts link again? After posting, your browser defaults back to the top, so there would be no extra scrolling.
          Well, if I had 6 pages of unread posts and the one I replied to was on page 5, this solution takes me back to the first page.

Comment

Ok, I understand what you mean now. I will see if changing that is possible.

Comment

Thanks for looking into it.

Comment

Working...
              X