X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] KubuntuForums.Net inaccessible from my work network

Attempts to get to KFN from my workplace in Firefox fail with
    Error 503 : Service Temporarily Unavailable
    If my phone is connected to the work wi-fi, Tapatalk just spins the wait animation, but if I connect to my personal VPN first, it usually has no trouble; sometimes changing the server is needed.

This has been the case since I started here, in the office from September.

As I'm using Kubuntu on my work computer now, booting to Windows infrequently, being able to look up stuff on KFN at work would be handy. (I used my VPN on the phone to check work email once, and our network guys freaked out.)

I'm posting this from home. Any details from my work would have to wait till Monday.

(BTW, Kubuntu runs better (faster, fewer glitches, much more functionality) than Windows on my 3 year old i7 laptop. I was mostly using Firefox, cygwin and LibreOffice on Windows anyway. I've had very little trouble transitioning, and the only significant thing that doesn't work is printing; if I knew how to set up a Samba printer that might work too.)
    Regards, John Little

The forum has an anti skiving at work system.

Comment

Snowhog should be able to whitelist or adjust the security bits to allow your work IP address to get through.

Either some baddie was reported by other websites to have been using that number for spammy stuff at some point, or some bug trapped it in the blacklist. Normally, one would get the Scary Page Of Doom, which provides a link with all the info, but Snowhog will have to get with you and find out which address is the culprit. Might be worth sending him a PM so he sees this, just to be safe.

Comment

Just now cleared the 503 files. If you get the 403 page when attempting to reach KFN, click on the link to start a trouble ticket.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

It went straight in to my KFN login today, using a Firefox saved login. Thank you.
          Regards, John Little

Comment

Working...
          X