X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZB block email not received

In a much appreciated article, snowhog said:
    ZB Block provides a means to report the block to us via an email that contains the block information.
    I've been blocked several times this month, and have never received an e-mail about the block. (I've checked my spam folder.)

Maybe if the block is incurred using Tapatalk, the mechanism doesn't work? The last time I was blocked, I paid attention to the sequence of events, and Tapatalk first reported "Network error". Subsequent accesses using Tapatalk just went into limbo, with a rotating wait animation, and web access went straight to Error 503.

If I could help in some way with this, I'd be pleased. Over the years forums I've valued have been destroyed by spammers or nutters, and I certainly value KFN.
    Regards, John Little

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
    I've been blocked several times this month, and have never received an e-mail about the block. (I've checked my spam folder.)
    The person being blocked doesn't get an email; you know you are blocked 'cause you see it when attempting to navigate here. The email referenced is an email that is generated when the person seeing the block message (403 FORBIDDEN!) screen clicks on the HERE (Click HERE to start a trouble ticket.) that is shown just above "Your connection details:"
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      403 FORBIDDEN! screen clicks on the HERE (Click HERE to start a trouble ticket.)
      I've never seen that text. I get only "Error 403".

Regards, John Little
      Regards, John Little

Comment

For a short time, that was true, but not now; it's been tested, and that line is present.

Comment

For a short time, that was true, but not now; it's been tested, and that line is present.
          Thank you, I'll look for it next time.
          Regards, John Little

Comment

I've now seen the "403 FORBIDDEN!" page. Now that I have I'm completely sure I've never seen it before.

In anticipation of travelling soon and using public Wifi, I've signed up for a VPN, PIA. If I choose the AU - Melbourne server, ZB Block doesn't like it and I get the 403. AU - Sydney, US - California, or disconnected, no trouble. (I've saved the page.)

I imagine that when I was blocked I was using tapatalk, and it discarded the page or the protocol it uses doesn't cope.
            Regards, John Little

Comment

I just decided to set up my own vpn on a Linode virtual server (faster than using PIA, and I need a US location for work) for my time down here in Aus. There are a lot servers for each VPN service, but I imagine Snowhog can add a filter for the ones you are using.
              I still had to have a filter for my setup as the zb block sees that my connection is not being from an ISP. Bloody thing

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
                I still had to have a filter for my setup as the zb block sees that my connection is not being from an ISP. Bloody thing
                Frustration doesn't suit the 'roo on the fixie'.

ZB Block 'might' be a 'Bloody thing' IF we weren't able to tweak it as we are. I'm pretty responsive to reported blocks, if I say so myself (oh, I did!).

Yes, I can write an appropriate bypass for you (jlittle), but only if you use the link in the generated 403 FORBIDDEN! page to submit a trouble ticket; it will provide me with the information I need. But until then.....

Comment

I browsed KFN for a while but now I receive a “503 Service temporarily unavailable” all the time.
                  The TOR browser allowed me to lurk for a while from Poland, Germany and the Netherlands but even it is blocked.
                  I am currently logged in because the hospital router isn’t being blocked...yet. (My wife fell and broke her arm. She is now a Bionic Woman with metal in her hip and arm!)
                  "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                  – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

GreyGeek! Good to see you again! Hope all is well with both you and your wife.
                    Kubuntu 23.11 64bit under Kernel 6.8.8, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

I see the plain blank 503 page when i am NOT connected to any vpn on my laptop and Chromebook, or my phones using a web browser
                      Tapatalk gives me notifications but just sits and spins.

Connecting to my vpn or PIA works fine

PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
                        I browsed KFN for a while but now I receive a “503 Service temporarily unavailable” all the time.
                        The TOR browser allowed me to lurk for a while from Poland, Germany and the Netherlands but even it is blocked.
                        I am currently logged in because the hospital router isn’t being blocked...yet. (My wife fell and broke her arm. She is now a Bionic Woman with metal in her hip and arm!)
                        As of this morning; just a minute or two ago; I cleared data from the 503 block files. Please try connecting again from outside of the hospitals router. IF you get a 403 FORBIDDEN! page, click on the link to submit a trouble ticket to me. The information in the trouble ticket allows me to determine what is causing the block and to write a bypass rule.

Hope all is well for you and your wife. Nice to know you are out there.

Comment

I brought home from the hospital this morning. Now that all the screws in her metal joints are tight I am the only one in the house with a loose screw.

I logged in from anothe AP because I am 503’d using my AP. Can someone roll the503 logs?
                          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

I can keep clearing those files, but if you are getting a 503 when you try to connect, I need additional information.

What ISP are you using?
                            What IP address are you assigned?
                            What device are you using?
                            What browser (and version) are you using?
                            Where you attempting to log in, or did you do a search (Google or what ever) and click on a link to go "where" (what was the URL)?

I want, and can, help you, but I need information. It would be so much simpler if you were getting the 403 FORBIDDEN! page.

Comment

I can keep clearing those files, but if you are getting a 503 when you try to connect, I need additional information.

What ISP are you using?
                              What IP address are you assigned?
                              What device are you using?
                              What browser (and version) are you using?
                              Where you attempting to log in, or did you do a search (Google or what ever) and click on a link to go "where" (what was the URL)?

I want, and can, help you, but I need information. It would be so much simpler if you were getting the 403 FORBIDDEN! page.
                              Thanks Snowhog, rolling the 503 logs allowed me to login again from home.

What ISP are you using?
                              allophone.com 300Gb fiber optic
                              What IP address are you assigned? static: xxx with a 1 sec fallback to a static: yyu
                              What device are you using? My wifi is an N600 Buffalo powered by DDD-WRT Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r29660 std (05/12/16 that broadcasts simultaneously on 5Gb and 2.4Gb.
                              What browser (and version) are you using? FireFox Quantum 65.0.1
                              I was in the middle of browsing a thread when the 503 msg first appeared. I thought it was a problem with the KFN site. I could ping the KFN IP address and get a good signal but browsing continued to produce the 503 msg. I assumed that it was an HTML problem and waited a couple days to browse again, but continue to get the 503 msg. So, I tried my TOR browser. The ouput site was Poland, then Germany and then Netherlands. and I could lurk again. On the fourth day I got a 503 regardless of the output country. Even my iPhone 6+ got the 503 from my AP. Then, while at the hospital, I tried my iPhone and was allowed in. That's when I posted the msg above. I brought my wife home today and this evening I tried KFN again on my primary laptop and was allowed in.

Thanks for rolling the logs, Snowhog. I don't post answers any more but I enjoy reading the fine suggestions from folks here.
                              Last edited by GreyGeek; Oct 09, 2019, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X