This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Trouble with KFN Access

Can one of the administrators check my access? I suspect I have been blocked from the forum. I can only reach KFN forums via 4G from my cell phone. I can't reach the forum from my cell phone when on WiFi connected to the Internet from home or from any of my home computers.

I get this message if I toggle to WiFi:
    Error 503 : Service Temporarily Unavailable
    Last edited by life0riley; Jan 18, 2019, 12:37 AM.
    sigpic

Someone else with the same issue: https://askubuntu.com/questions/1110...832934_1110494
    Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

if it is a 503 error message, then it is the anti spam software. Snowhog will have to take a look at it when he sees this.

Comment

Originally posted by life0riley View Post
        I had the same issue last week, but in my case my phone is with the same telco as the land connection, and both gave this error, and Tapatalk didn't work either. It's the spam protection tool ZB Block, but I had no idea.

Fortunately for my KFN access, snowhog got error 503 on the ZB block site itself! And he posted on the stopforumspam forum and Google noticed, which gave me a clue. I found an old e-mail address to contact him and he sorted it out, by entering some kind of exception for me, though it took a couple of goes. The next time my ONT is reset, its IPv4 might change and I might have more trouble.

Your phone access might fail too, ZB block might p;ick on your user name because it's seen you try to connect from a blacklisted IP range. If so, I could relay a message to snowhog if you send it to me at john.b.little@gmail.com. (The spammers harvested my email more than a decade ago.)
        Regards, John Little

Comment

Not sure how Zb Block is set up on these forums (an admin can probably elaborate), but commonly it resets it's block list in 24h intervals. Note that blocked connection attempts reset this timeout, so if you keep trying to connect while a block is active it will never be removed automatically.

Admins should be able to lift the block, but you can also try to remove the block by keeping blocked IPs from connecting to the forums for a few days (to be sure the 24h limit is reached)

Comment

Originally posted by life0riley View Post
            Can one of the administrators check my access? I suspect I have been blocked from the forum. I can only reach KFN forums via 4G from my cell phone. I can't reach the forum from my cell phone when on WiFi connected to the Internet from home or from any of my home computers.

I get this message if I toggle to WiFi:
            Block has been cleared, at least temporarily. IF it happens again; you receive the Blocked notification screen (not the Error 503 -- see that and it's already too late); click on the provided link to submit the trouble/help ticket to me. It contains information I need to review the blocks in ZB Block to see if some tweaking is necessary for you.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks. I'm good so far. Tapatalk failed to connect and was generally misbehaving. It has been acting up for some time so I logged out and uninstalled it from my phone, but by that time I was already blocked. I don't need it because the mobile view works fine for me.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X