This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated theme or migrate to another platform

I think this forum is due for an updated theme, both on mobile and desktop. I suggest to base it on Breeze (Dark).

Another suggestion would be to maybe migrate to Discourse, or have the forum under community.ubuntu.com. I find it weird that the official flavors and Ubuntu have different forums.

Edit: I also suggest to add support linking our accounts with Ubuntu One, Microsoft, GitHub, etc.
    Last edited by YamiYukiSenpai; Nov 25, 2018, 10:17 PM.

Themes for KFN are available to any logged in user. Scroll to the bottom of any page and look in the lower left corner. As the themes are based on vBulletin, they are limited. But we do have 'a few' to choose from. The difference in themes is color, but again, that's vBulletin.

This forum is privately owned, and we don't want to become part of Ubuntuforums.org (they already support all the 'official' flavors) or any other. We exist for a reason we feel is unique among Linux Support Forums. We are just users of Kubuntu Linux who enjoy doing our best to help others seeking assistance. Do we always succeed? No. But we do our best. I doubt you will find any other Linux support forum that is as open and accommodating as we are.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by YamiYukiSenpai View Post
      ... I suggest to base it on Breeze (Dark)...
      If you like dark themes, you might like my approach, which is to use the "Dark Background and Light Text" add-on in firefox to invert www.kubuntuforums.net.

Rant...

As for breeze, I really don't like it, even breeze dark. IMO it slavishly follows trends in GUI design that originated with Apple products, and aped by Microsoft. I hope they're fads that will pass. KDE can be much more beautiful and functional.
      Regards, John Little

Comment

Wow, I waited until I was a member for at least a week before I started telling the Admins what to do and how to do it...
        If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Comment

Originally posted by SpecialEd View Post
          Wow, I waited until I was a member for at least a week before I started telling the Admins what to do and how to do it...
          Why do each Ubuntu flavor have their own forum
          Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Working...
          X