Edit in FF Dark Mode bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edit in FF Dark Mode bad

I use Firefox's "Dark Reader" to invert video (white on black instead of black on white). This breaks when I try to go back and edit one of my posts. The problem seems to be inconsistent specification of colors. It looks like the background color of the edit box is specified as an off-white but the text color is not specified. So with Dark Reader on, FF displays the edit box with white text in a slightly-off-white box. I also had this happen here (in the Create New Topic page) but normally it doesn't happen on THIS page.

If you specify ONE color, then you need to specify ALL colors.

This is a third-party extension, for sure.
    https://github.com/darkreader/darkreader/issues
    If it doesn't offer custom per-site settings, I dunno. As far as I can tell, there is no difference in the css between creating and editing a post, though I am sure I could be overlooking something
    Last edited by claydoh; Dec 26, 2023, 07:11 PM.

Comment

The edit box has an icon at the top left called "source", and that can make the post text readable. It also makes the box an ordinary text area and so work with the textern add on, so I can edit the post in my normal text editor (gvim, vastly more capable).

Rather than "Dark Reader" I use "Dark Background and Light Text" which I find simpler, if less capable. I used to use both, with some sites better in Dark Reader, but the simplicity won out, and I found that I wasn't using Dark Reader, and stopped installing it. With DBLT I sometimes get black on black and use the source button.

For kubuntuforums.net usually I find invert mode the best. Dark Reader can do that, IIRC. Both add ons keep a list of sites with your preferred modes.
      Regards, John Little

Comment

Thanks, the source icon works like you said. Editing plain text is fine for me as I normally ask simple things that don't require any formatting.

How do you set DBLT? Is it an option under Settings, or do you mean you manually set all the colors?

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Pi View Post
          How do you set DBLT? Is it an option under Settings, or do you mean you manually set all the colors?
          Like Dark Reader, there's a button in the "toolbar", the one to the right of the URL. Then there's a simple check box drop down, and if I set something there it is remembered for the current site. The choices are just "default", "stylesheet processor", "simple CSS", "invert", or "disabled". I have the default set to "stylesheet processor", so that's not actually another choice.
          Regards, John Little

Comment

Working...
          X