Suggestion: Forum Area Dedicated To Terminal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion: Forum Area Dedicated To Terminal

I thought that maybe there could be an area dedicated to terminal commands and different things you can do at the terminal. Maybe one area would be just scripts or commands that people could save for future reference. Just a thought. Because right now I have some questions I’d like to ask but I don’t know where to post it. Software maybe? Or maybe Coding/Scripting is where I should be?

When I searched the Kubuntu Forums for “terminal commands” I saw posts all over the place. It would be nice to see an area dedicated to the Terminator. Thank-you.

There is e.g. a How To that Qqmike wrote: https://www.kubuntuforums.net/forum/...sole-beginners

There are literally thousands of websites about Bash, Zsh and all the other shells and their commands in the internet.
    And there is the man command and for many commands the --help option to get more info.

One also has to take into account that this is a forum for Kubuntu specifically, not for CLI or e.g. Bash.

I would say: define the problem in the appropriate sub-forum you are trying to solve and then tell which commands you wanted to use in e.g. the Konsole terminal emulator for what purpose and why. Dont forget to include the exact command you used and the output - and use CODE tags or CONSOLE tags, please (the buttons with the "#" and the "$").
    If it is a more general question about a terminal command, "Coding/Scripting" could be a good place.
    Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Jul 28, 2023, 04:29 AM.
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Totally OT. Your PC specs on your Profile:
      PC Specs
      Processor 12th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-1270P vPro® Processor (E-cores up to 3.50 GHz P-cores up to 4.80 GHz) selected upgrade Operating System Linux Ubuntu Operating System Language Linux Ubuntu World Wide Multiple Language Onboard Memory 16 GB DDR4-3200MHz (Soldered) selected upgrade Selectable Memory 16 GB DDR4-3200MHz (SODIMM) selected upgrade Total Memory 32 GB DDR4-3200MHz (16 GB Soldered + 16 GB SODIMM) selected upgrade Solid State Drive 1 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 Performance TLC Opal selected upgrade Display 16" WUXGA (1920 x 1200), IPS, Anti-Glare, Non-Touch, 100% sRGB, 400 nits, Low Power, Low Blue Light, International Color Consortium selected upgrade Graphic Card Integrated Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics selected upgrade Camera 1080P FHD IR/RGB Hybrid with Microphone selected upgrade Wireless Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX211 2x2 AX vPro® & Bluetooth® 5.1 or above selected upgrade Selectable SIM No WWAN SIM Card Fingerprint Reader Fingerprint Reader selected upgrade Keyboard Backlit, Black with Number Pad - English Keyboard Patch None System Expansion Slots No Smart Card Reader TPM Setting Enabled Discrete TPM2.0 Absolute BIOS Selection BIOS Absolute Enabled Custom Asset Tag None Battery 4 Cell Li-Polymer 86Wh selected upgrade Power Cord 135W AC Adapter Slim (3pin) - US (USB Type C) selected upgrade Rapid Charge Rapid Charge Transparent​
      Can't you be more specific?

(Said in jest, of course! Welcome to KFN.)
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Hey, you asked for it and I gave to ya. Your probably thinking 400 nits? Noway does he have 400 nits!

Comment

If not already said, welcome to KFN! I think you'll like it here. We are not like "most" Linux Forums, so has been said by many here.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Many thanks Snowhog. I feeling right at home (even got my feet up). Yeah, some places are toxic and I prefer to stay away from drama. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
            X