Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After logging in, and beginning a post, sometimes I will be logged out before submitt

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After logging in, and beginning a post, sometimes I will be logged out before submitt

This doesn't happen too often, but many times when I log in, begin a post, then attempt to post my topic, my post will be interrupted with, "you must log in". I always login and was logged in when I began my request.

What happens to my rejected post? After logging in again, I have to redo the post to get it posted, but would like to know if there is a way to retrieve the work rather than redo the post?

I am old and due to shaky hands take a little longer typing due to multiple hits of the keyboard. Am I being timed out? If so, is there a way to configure my account to delay a little longer? It is difficult enough erasing multiple hits of a letter, as well as, multiple, even more than needed erasures. My guess is that I write at least twice the letters as needed to enter a post anymore.

In another part of the forum, I made inquiry into the possibility of voise-activated Kubuntu OS operation, perhaps in league with a touch activated screen. I also inquired into requirements of hardware.

I am not going to quit operating my computer until I pass on, so any help in how to improve my situation is appreciated. Thanks! Shab
    Last edited by Shabakthanai; May 20, 2017, 08:36 AM.

it sounds like your login session(hear on the forum) is timing out ,,,,,,,, when you log in , check the box "remember me"

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Thanks Vinny,

Is it necessary to check the box each time I enter the forum? Shab

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
      it sounds like your login session(hear on the forum) is timing out ,,,,,,,, when you log in , check the box "remember me"

VINNY

Comment

You should only have to check the box once for it to work. I havent seen the login screen here in months.

Comment

I think it is because I haven't been online much for a long time. I have checked the box logged in began a post then been logged out prior to posting the final several times. That is why I created this post.

Generally it is OK. I am unable to be active like usual. But I am inclined to continue using my computer as long as I am able. Many times I have been unable to get to my computer due to health problems. Sometimes the best I can do is watch Netflix or other movies. I love you guys and my goal is to restore my health enough to return to daily computing. I miss you all. Shab

Originally posted by whatthefunk View Post
          You should only have to check the box once for it to work. I havent seen the login screen here in months.

Comment

Originally posted by Shabakthanai View Post
            I think it is because I haven't been online much for a long time. I have checked the box logged in began a post then been logged out prior to posting the final several times. That is why I created this post.

Generally it is OK. I am unable to be active like usual. But I am inclined to continue using my computer as long as I am able. Many times I have been unable to get to my computer due to health problems. Sometimes the best I can do is watch Netflix or other movies. I love you guys and my goal is to restore my health enough to return to daily computing. I miss you all. Shab
            We miss you, Shab! Get well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Yes, Shab, get well and back in motion here!
              An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
              X